Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shasta Part 2

So let's continue our lovely look at Shasta. The weather warmed up quickly and by Tuesday it was in the 100's. But fortunately the water was refreshing and we had lots of shade on the boat. I did overdo it a little on Tuesday and woke up in the middle of the night to some intense contractions. They lasted about an hour and then went away, I think I just got overheated and swam and walked too much that day.
Anyway, we were able to stay cool in our tent trailer with a fan and we kept a window/vent open. It was a perfect little set up. We also bought dark out fabric and it Macgyver-ed it around Bria's side of the trailer. People may think we are crazy, but we got to sleep in so we know we're not crazy.
Bria and Kayla chillin'

Stare down with Daddy


Lance and Kayla attempting to fit on one floaty together

Sitting around the fire
The evenings were fun because we'd go around to campsites and visit our friends (that we usually only see once a year in Shasta) then head back to our site, put Bria to bed, and build a fire. A few of the nights Bria was still up when we made the fire and she did get some s'mores so don't feel bad for her. Plus, she was eating licorice every single day, among crackers, and other healthy food.
Bria started doing this little game where she'd go in the cooler and get ice, then spit it out in her pink bucket. Hilarious.

"So, we just hang around the fire, huh?"

Bria and Sammy with the same look on their face.

Uncle Lance and Bria

2 of the mornings I got up and went for a walk and it felt great. I should've gone more but sleeping in was wonderful too. Plus I figured I did a lot of swimming with Bria so that was good exercise. Of course, I also indulged in licorice, s'mores, and ice cream so I probably should've done some daily doubles. At least I wasn't drinking beer, that saved me some calories! I enjoyed refreshing VitaRain, Izze, and good old H2o.

My Hawaiian sweetheart.

I'm not going to lie, I loved picking out her swim suit and cover up each morning :) Although most mornings we went without a cover up because it was so dang hot.

We couldn't wait to get Bria out on the tubes since she's such a huge fan of water. She seemed to be indifferent to it, but I think she was just surprised at what was going on. Once we hit bumps she was thrilled to pieces and got the biggest smile on her face.
I must be explaining the philosophy of tubing or something.

We kept it somewhat slow, but fast enough to get some good bumps.

Lance and Kayla had a much crazier ride than us.

Of course, Brian and Lance went all out. Brian fell off more times than I can count (he's going to love me for saying that) and each time Bria was sooo worried about her Daddy. I had to reassure her that he was having fun and splashing in the water. She didn't believe me until she could see and talk to him.

I have one more Shasta post and then we should be all caught up on our sweet vacation :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH what fun!! :) Bria is adorable in all her outfits.

Sara