Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shasta-The final

So let's complete our look at Shasta with more pictures. I actually wish I had taken more, but when you are busy relaxing and having fun you don't always remember to whip the camera out.


We got this little floaty last year for Bria but she enjoyed it even more this year. She called it her tent and I think she liked having a break from her life jacket.

Brian vs. the kids
He dunked them all once and then the second round put up a good fight but let them be victorious :)

Captain Lindsey, that's what they call me ;)
I really enjoyed driving the big party barge, it was relaxing and fun. Plus let's face it, I was the only one 100% sober ;) I even docked it up which is a little tricky.

Bria loved going through the first aid kit. Man am I glad we brought that, we had lots of little boo boo's that required bandaids. And let's just say Bria and Brian didn't need them. I'm so clumsy.

We had a Zombie themed night and some friends put black lipstick on Bria, she thought it was pretty cool.

I can't tell you how much I love this outfit and hat. LOVE.
"Oh hello, yeah it's hard being a diva."

One of our favorite parts was riding out to a cove on the barge. It topped out at 16.8 mph so it usually took 1/2 hour to get anywhere but we loved it. So peaceful and relaxing.

Again, I loved driving.

My co-captain was a huge help.

I got to lay on my belly! The blue floaty that my lower half is on had a hole for your feet, well I put my big belly in there and then layed on another floaty. It felt pretty darn good to lay on my stomach. Baby girl was moving all over when I did this...the one in my belly. Although Bria enjoyed climbing on me too :)

We love Shasta!

She looks like such a big girl in this picture. Sigh.

And of course, Bria got to have a few ice cream cones while we were there. Funny how it took her awhile to learn how to eat one, I thought that was a trait we were born with. She caught on fast though.

Nothing like ice cream after a day on the lake.

We had an absolute blast and it was such a wonderful week. Nobody got burned (in the Holcomb family, Lance and Kayla are a different story ;) which is a huge positive. My back did get a little toasty in the beginning but I corrected that. We all left with a nice tan and Bria and I have blonder hair now. I love the sun.

Things that shocked me:
  • How well Bria did in the car, she was such a trooper!!
  • How well we all slept, guess we tired ourselves out. I was not expecting to sleep in until 8 am or later
  • How happy Bria was, she is a born camper
Things that I could've done without:
  • The ear wigs, ick. They were everywhere
  • Losing power. We had a little hiccup with the trailer's electricity that needs to be fixed, fortunately we were able to rig it to where all the outlets worked, just not the lights inside.
  • The trailer rocking (not that kind, get your mind outta the gutter!). Seriously, anytime sometime moved a muscle the whole entire trailer would rock, this did not help the feeling that I was still on a boat.
  • Having to go outside and walk to the bathrooms in the middle of the night. I did stop drinking at dinner time to avoid this but 2 or 3 of the nights I did have to get up.
Overall:
I give our Shasta 2011 trip two big thumbs up! An A+. A job well done!
Bria agrees :)

We headed home on Saturday morning, my birthday. The big 2-8. What a way to spend my birthday, in the car ;) That's okay, my Mom made me my favorite for breakfast: strawberry shortcake. On the way home we stopped at my Dad's and Anna made me a delicious dinner of shake 'n bake and mashed potatoes. Plus, dessert was strawberry shortcake! What's better than a helping of strawberry shortcake? TWO! Oh, and I had a brownie, yum. We continued on home and that night we got to sleep in our own beds and sleep we did.
We miss Shasta but it's always nice to be in the comfort of your own home :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strawberry shortcake is the BEST!! Good times Lou and bro and Bria!! :)\

Sara

Danielle said...

Glad the trip went well. It looks like it was a blast!! And yes, strawberry shortcake is the best. Happy Birthday!