Sunday, April 03, 2011

She's sugar and spice...

...and mostly nice :)
Bria can be adorable and funny and intelligent and I love to brag about her. What Mom doesn't? But just so we're all clear, she's a typical toddler who throws major, hysterical fits.

First, let me tell a cute thing about Bria for journaling purposes.
Randomly, Bria sat down on the lid of our cube and said, "Mom, I just need a break."
Then sat down like this for a little bit.
I about died laughing. She totally gets this from me because when I'm about to lose my patience completely I sit myself in her time out and take a break. Apparently she has caught on and thinks she needs to do the same thing.
It makes me giggle every time.

I wish she would have taken a break on Friday after her nap because holy cow, she had the mother of all meltdowns. I am sooooooo grateful Brian was here because I honestly would've gone insane. She woke up crabby and about 3 minutes later started crying hysterically. No matter how hard we tried she would not tell us what was wrong. Brian took her in her bedroom and they stayed in there for half an hour while he tried to figure out what was wrong. She started to calm down so we headed to the park but then she lost it in the car. From start to finish it was a good hour of her crying for no reason, at least not a reason she would tell us. After dinner she also had a major meltdown and by the end of the day, Brian and I were exhausted. We are chalking it up to the terrible two's. And we hope the demon has left her body now.
Saturday after her nap was a completely different story. She was the happiest we've seen her in a long time. Like, HYPER and happy and just so full of energy. Dude, this girl is going to be DRAMA in her teen years. Help.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Haha, gotta love 2 year olds! Natalie has frequent meltdowns for no reason too. Her new thing is wanting to do everything herself (which leads to it taking us 7 hours to get out of the house in the morning), and if I try to help her, she goes nuts. So fun! ;)

Brandi said...

I scheduled my most recent post on Friday, it posted this morning, and then read your blog about Bria's tantrum. It's all around. Know that you are NOT alone in this ;o)

Jenny said...

she is a riot...i love the things she comes up with...must mean she has a funny mom:)

Lindsay said...

OMG, how cute is that. She looks very serious about her "break".