Sunday, December 05, 2010

Tantrums will be the death of me

I just know it. I am not going to survive these tantrums, they are just too hard to deal with. Everything these days results in a tantrum, or so it seems. Instead of saying, "Help, please," like she use to, Bria screams and cries when something isn't going her way. It drives me batty. Here's a good example: Yesterday we were in the car driving home from Lanie and Bristol's house. She was kind of cranky because it was nap time so I held her hand. But my arm was falling asleep and it's not really safe to drive with one arm reaching behind you so I decided to take her shoe off and rub her foot instead since she likes that. Well holy cow WW3 broke out in the back seat. Bria FLIPPED out. Apparently her shoe is extremely important to her and without it her world falls apart.
Seriously.
A shoe?! Oh my word child, chill out!

I am usually patient for the first couple of the day, but then my patience tank is empty and I want to throw a tantrum myself, which doesn't help matters.
But let's move on from my little vent (thanks for "listening" if you did) and focus on positive things.

These pictures are from 2 weeks ago, watching the Beavers. We lost, it was a sad day.

Amy and Bria reading by the fire

Having fun with Aunt Heather

"Oh heeeey, the Beavers are doing good!"

"Ewwww, nevermind."

"I must Facebook about this."

"That's it, I can't watch, it's too painful."

We went home this weekend to go to the last Beaver game of the season and to see my family. It feels like FOREVER since I've seen them and man it felt wonderful. Bria had so much fun and enjoyed spending time with them. (Pictures of this weekend to come) Christmas is going to be so fun!

Bria coloring pretty pictures

My little artist hard at work.
Taking advantage of a dry day


So we are back from our weekend away and settling in for an interesting week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Instead of tantrums, we got not listening to a single thing around here! That will be the death of me, and I have no patience either. Hang in there momma!

Julia said...

I have to remind myself that tantrums are their way of showing their strong will. I definitely want to have strong willed girls this day and age.:) This to shall pass. Hang in there!

Julia said...

p.s. I will admit that I have pulled a car over in a parking lot to step out of the car to get some fresh air before losing my mind during a temper tantrum. If I get a time out then I can handle things better (it helps not giving them the attention for it too). I have also hid in the bathroom before. Do what you need to do to stay sane.:) It is a phase--but, a tough one!

Danielle said...

I could have written your vent myself. Word for word! I totally understand!! The first two I can handle, but they get exhausting by the end of the day. Everything is a battle. "Let's change your diaper." is met with kicking and screaming. Glad to know I'm not alone!