Thursday, December 09, 2010

Christmas time is here

My plan was to get a very, very small tree. We don't have a lot of room so I didn't want to overwhelm our small place with a large tree.
It still ended up being bigger than I had envisioned, but it works. We brought it in the house and decorated while Bria was sleeping so when she woke up the next morning we brought her out and showed it to her.
She thought it was absolutely amazing.
(Wish it wasn't blurry, especially because her cute pj's say: "What Santa doesn't bring me Grandma will.")

She has been pretty good about leaving it alone, although sometimes I see her wondering over there and pulling at things. She did break an ornament but fortunately it's one I can easily glue back together.
I think we are all done shopping for Bria's Christmas presents, although it's really hard to stop buying her stuff.

I've been meaning to post her stats from her 21 month appointment. I realize 21 months is not a usual check up, but due to our moving we got behind and her 18 month check up turned in to 21 months.

Weight: 25 lbs 15 oz 55%
Height: 34 inches (growth spurt!!) 76%
Head: 19 inches I think

She sure did grow in height!! No weight gain but that is to be expected at this age...and with a child who prefers to drink her meals :)
Although, I have to say her eating has gotten so much better. The doctor really helped by encouraging us to continue cutting back her milk. Have you heard of a child who drinks too much milk? Well it doesn't surprise me that Brian and I made a milk-obsessed child because we are both addicts ourselves. However, it is very hard to tell a toddler no to milk. She asks for it quite often and even learned how to open the fridge and get her sippy of milk off the top shelf. She will stop at nothing to get her precious milk.
But we are staying strong and making sure she eats before she gets milk. And when we do give her milk we pour less. All in all the eating is getting better and I'm very grateful for that. She still isn't sold on fruits but we won't give up.


1 comment:

Danielle said...

What a beautiful tree!! We just put up ours as well and Dillon is obsessed with it. I had to move all the ornaments up to the top of the tree haha. Bria is growing so fast! She and Dillon are about the same size. He drinks most of his calories too and still won't touch any fruit. Siiigh I give him babyfood to get some fruit into his system.