Monday, July 05, 2010

What was suppose to be a fun Holiday weekend...

...turned into puke fest 2010 at the Holcomb house.
Not fun.

It all started Thursday night. I started feeling a little off around 4 pm and soon started to get so nauseous that I didn't want anything to do with food. Brian put Bria down and then we climbed into bed early because I was feeling so sick. Around 8:30 pm I knew it was coming, but fought it. I HATE throwing up and avoid it at all costs, but I started sweating and got dizzy and ran to the bathroom.
I'll spare you the details of what happened in there.
While I was throwing up, Brian was listening outside feeling sorry for me and then he heard Bria cry out. He went in to find puke everywhere. The poor girl was cuddled on one end of her crib to try and get away from her puke covered crib.
After I was done throwing up I attempted to help Brian which consisted of me comforting Bria while he had the fun job of rinsing puke off all Bria's bedding and then starting a load of laundry. I hopped in the bath with Bria to help clean her off and then we got her in new pj's. We made her bed up but then she had another episode of throwing up so we decided to bring her in bed with us. Good thing we did, this poor girl was literally up every 20 minutes heaving her guts out. Since there was nothing to throw up she would violently heave and just cry and cry this horrible gut wrenching cry. I attempted to help, but eventually I ended up sleeping on the bathroom floor so I was close to the toilet myself. Then my hips started hurting so bad (darn aging body!) that I crawled back into our room, but noticed Bria was sleeping on my side and there was no room for me. So I slept on the floor, but that was still painful so I threw up a few more times and then slept in the guest bedroom.
Brian was super Dad and tended to Bria all night since she continued to throw up until 3 or 4 am, when her body finally let her sleep. Seriously, Brian was amazing. He took Friday off work which is a big deal. Brian never takes work off period. Especially if he's sick, but it's a different story if his girls need him.
Back off ladies, he's all mine.
We used up every towel, sheet, and pillow case that night and he did a bunch of laundry the next day as well as the dishes as well as taking care of both Bria and I. He went to get us Gatorade and popsicles and napped with Bria on his chest so I could curl up in bed for awhile. Not only did he take care of us all day long, but he did so with a smile on his face. He is my hero.
Friday Bria slept from 7:30-9 am. She was exhausted to say the least and we all needed that sleep, it felt really good. I thought we were all doing better on Saturday but no such luck. Bria puked a few times that day, I still felt nauseous, and Saturday night Brian started feeling sick. Sunday brought little change except Brian was feeling even worse. We did make it out of the house for the 4th of July at my sister's house and ended up having a much needed good time. More on that later.
I gave Bria some milk because she was asking for it by name all day long. Big mistake. Not only did she blow out her diaper at the BBQ, that night she woke up and puked twice. I ended up in the guest bedroom with her for a few hours to make sure she wasn't going to keep puking.
So basically Bria and I have lived on water and gatorade for the last 3 days. She does eat crackers and dry cereal which is good, but that's about it. I cannot believe how long this is lasting, I am still feeling nauseous and I know Bria is too because she isn't eating. Fortunately other than her lack of appetite, Bria is pretty much herself. She just gets a little clingy sometimes.
So yeah, it hasn't been that good of a weekend for the Holcomb's and I'm anxious to get back to feeling 100%, I'm so sick of feeling nauseous. And no, there is no chance I'm pregnant so no speculating.
What do you do though, it's a Mom and Dad's life right?

I had to throw in a few pictures real quick. Bria got her first knee scrap at the 4th of July bbq, at least she gets to rock a cute band aid though :)

Let's hope we start feeling better soon!

5 comments:

Amy said...

oh my! poor little girl and poor you! i hope you feel better soon! and you have a great husband!

Anonymous said...

Yuck! We had the hives, sore throats, and coughs at our house this weekend. I think the puking is much worse! I hope you all start feeling better very soon!

tegner two said...

NO WAY!!! So sorry Lu!

Kris and MaLanie said...

Oh Lou!!! I am so sorry!! Throwing up is so awful not to mention taking care of a sick baby too. What a good husband you have! I hope you all feel much better soon! P.S. Bristol has that same shirt Bria is wearing in that last picture. We should get a picture of them both wearing it! :)

Danielle said...

That sounds like a REALLY rough time! Brian sounds like an awesome husband!! What a guy!