Monday, July 12, 2010

Pink polish & water fountain fun

Now that we are all feeling better, we've been able to enjoy the sunny weather. It's gotten pretty hot here and we even had to break out the portable AC unit for Bria's room.
Brian's had the last couple days off and we've enjoyed it so much that I'm a little nervous for him to go back to work, it's like I forgot how to do things, how do I do it alone again?

I was so excited the other day because Bria was letting me clip her toe nails. She usually cries so hard she gags so I give up. But I caught her in a pretty good mood and kept her distracted with items from our junk drawer. She was doing so well that when I was done I thought, "Why stop here?" So I lured her upstairs and painted her tiny toe nails bright pink for the first time. I was giddy with excitement and Bria could've cared less. She'll love it when she's older ;)

Matching toes!

Yesterday we ventured out to the water front to have some fun in the fountains. I was so excited because I knew Bria would have a blast and sure enough she did. It took her a good 15 minutes for her to loosen her death grip on my hand, but eventually she got courageous enough to venture out by herself.


It was adorable watching her walk into the water and squeal with excitement as she ran back to us. The only thing that I was nervous about was her getting run over by bigger kids because they do not watch where they are going and take off at full speed. But fortunately we only had close calls, no actual collisions, phew!

Her favorite was when the water was little and only shot up a foot or two

But she thought it was pretty cool to venture into the big water fountains every once and awhile

Grandma and Bria

Daddy and Bria, she thought it was funny to sit on it

She kept lifting her foot in it and I was thinking she might have been trying to stand on it or something, too funny

How cute are her little flip flops?! Old Navy :)

"Mom did you see me out there? That water is just coming out of the ground!"

After the water fun we changed Bria and went for a little walk and then out to dinner. While walking downtown we saw a HUGE dog sitting on the sidewalk by a restaurant where it's owner was eating. Bria LOVES dogs. Like, a lot. She makes sure to say doggy at least 14 times whenever she sees a dog, whether it be on tv, outside, or in a book. Needless to say she was so excited to pet the dog.

Bria petting the "good doggy"

She was either trying to touch his face or unhook his leash and set him free

So we had a lot of fun yesterday and it made me so grateful it's summer time, there's just so many fun things to do. Now we need to plan a trip to the zoo!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like a great weekend!

Kris and MaLanie said...

I am so jealous that Bria let you paint her toenails! I can't wait to paint Bristol's. I love all the fountains and parks near us. It's a great way to keep cool in this hot weather.