Friday, January 29, 2010

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

Isn't that how it goes?
Well I decided to use this little saying and see how it worked. It works great. Here's the story:

Bria has been a pretty good night time sleeper since she was 10 weeks old. Don't get me wrong, she has her moments. But overall she does pretty well. Naps are another story. Every once and awhile Bria will take a wonderful nap, usually once every 3 or 4 weeks. But for the most part she does not like her naps and wakes up grumpy. It doesn't matter that we do the same thing before naps, she still enjoys fighting them. For the last week and a half it's been a huge battle. One day in particular Bria was fighting her nap with every bone in her body. I'd let her cry for a few minutes then go in and cuddle her. Wait a little longer, go in and cuddle. This went on for 45 minutes, she was winning. So I went in there, looked at her, and decided I couldn't beat her, she totally had me. So I joined her.
I crawled in her crib (Sarah-I was totally picturing you in the crib with Jack) and laid down beside her. Almost instantly she closed her eyes and was off to sweet dreamland. I quietly
crawled out of the crib (not easy) and did a silent victory dance. Although it wasn't technically a victory, I still counted it. Brian demanded a reenactment when he got home, he couldn't believe I actually did it. Believe it baby!

In other news, I've been able to put Bria's hair in a cute bow on the top of her head a few times. This may not be big news to you, but it is to us because Bria's hair is growing slower than grass in Arizona during the summer.
I give you the evidence:
Keys are a great distraction so I can get a few pictures.
And you may also notice Bria is in blue. I rarely put her in blue, not because I don't like it. In fact blue is my favorite color. But even when she wears pink people call her a boy so I don't want to encourage them by dressing her in boy colors. Although, I guess it doesn't matter because they make the mistake no matter what. Urgh.

Brian has been so wonderful to let me sleep in on the weekend and he says he LOVES his mornings with Bria. So everybody wins, yesss!
He does a good job of whipping out the camera when needed. Here she is emptying her diaper bag out (favorite thing to do these days):


Bria loves to stand at our back door and tap on the glass, especially when MJ's out there. She thinks it's hilarious :)

I'm busy working on Bria's birthday stuff so that's why I've been MIA. I can't wait for her birthday party!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the image of you crawling into her bed! LOL. I can't believe people think she's a boy! She's girl, all the way! :)

Sarah said...

Good job on the crib snuggling; I swear it works! Isn't getting out the longest and creakiest process ever? ;-D

S

Kris and MaLanie said...

I can't picture you getting in the crib with her. I want a reenactment too! So funny!! Love the bow in her hair. I can't imagine why people would think she was a boy. She is way too pretty to be a boy.

Danielle said...

How did you get into the crib?? I thought about it once! Don't worry, Dillon gets mistaken for a girl constantly. No matter what I put him in, "What a pretty little girl!"

Lindsay said...

Too funny.

Unknown said...

that picture of her in the bow is SO damn cute!!