Wednesday, January 20, 2010

11 months

Next month at this time Bria will be 1.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse my mini panic attack. I cannot believe my little baby will be one next month, I seriously may vomit from shock. That is insane to me, didn't I just bring her home from the hospital?

Bria is up to a lot this month:
  • Climbing stairs, she is starting to get really fast
  • Working on going down the stairs, she still likes to try and go head first (insert heart attack)
  • Saying "mama" "dada" "ni-ni" (I think she's trying to say night night) "ssss" and last night she was trying to say her name, it sounds like "Bruh" or "Brrr" it was really cute
  • She is still in size 3 diapers and 9-12 month clothes. I've put her 12 month outfits on her but they are still a tiny big
  • Wants to walk everywhere, but of course that still requires our hands :) When I try to let go and have her stand by herself she promptly sits down, I think she's cautious like her mama
  • Crawls at lightening speed towards MJ's food dish and water dish, fun times
  • Knows where her toes, ears, and tongue are. She knows where our nose is (and loves to grab it) and bellybutton
  • She knows what trees are and will point to our fake tree when I ask her, she also points to the lights when I ask her where they are
  • She is very into pointing these days, she points at everything
  • Still waves hi and bye, blows kisses, and gives real kisses! I love her real kisses they are so sweet
  • LOVES being naked, her highlight of the day is before bath time when she gets to crawl around naked, she is hilarious
  • Nurses first thing in the morning and right before bed, during the day she gets a bottle or 2 of formula (I love wearing a normal bra!)
  • Takes one nap a day, for an hour or two
  • Goes to bed around 7 pm and wakes up between 6 and 7 am
  • Prefers mom but does great with other people if I'm not there, yay!

She is such a sweetheart, especially around other people. Sometimes when it's just the two of us at home she likes to throw tantrums and test me, but she'd never do that around other people because then they'd think my job was hard ;)

It's hard to think Bria is starting her last month of her first year. She has grown so much and I love her personality. She is cautious like me, she observes people and her surroundings before making any sudden moves. She stares at people intently and observes their every move. She is curious but wants me to explore with her. She makes the most hilarious faces ever, seriously, this girl makes about 20 different faces...and that's just during feeding time. I can be frustrated one minute and then as soon as she scrunches her face all is forgiven because I can't help but laugh.
Thanks for making our lives complete Bria, happy 11 months!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so big!! And I love all the updates!! It's so hard to believe she's almost 1!!

Sara

Danielle said...

Time is going by so fast! I can't believe Bria will be one next month. She looks beautiful!

Marissa said...

I can't believe it's already been a year for you guys! It really does seem like you just shared your birth story with us all. I don't want time to go that fast for me!! :) She is such a cutie and you look like motherhood is treating you well!