Sunday, January 17, 2010

We bought a Victorian House

Yes, you heard me right. We are proud owner's of a gorgeous pink Victorian house. Well, I should say this little girl is the proud new owner...or will be in about 5 years:


We were out shopping downtown and a cute local toy store had this adorable Victorian dollhouse on display. I asked Brian to watch Bria so I could go play with it, and I'm not embarrassed to say that. It was gorgeous and something I would've LOVED to have as a little girl. Well apparently this little beauty was on mega sale, we're talking well under $100 for the house and ALL the furniture. Those who don't know about dollhouses, let me just say this normally went for $170, and that's just the house. Adding all the furniture that it came with it totaled almost $500!!
Now me being frugal and us not having an endless amount of money, I was not convinced that we should get it. Would you believe Brian talked me into it? Bria has the best daddy ever and one day she will have to thank him by not dating until she's 25.


We got it home and I could not be more thrilled with the purchase, it is adorable and the only thing it needs are some dolls. For now I'm having fun rearranging the furniture, it's adorable.
Now I just need my nieces and little sister's to come play with it before we pack it up!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I would've loved that too!! Bria's going to have a blast playing with it!!

Sara

Lindsay said...

How much fun is that!!

Brandi said...

I LOVE IT! I would totally come over and play with it too!

rls07 said...

OMG! I was never into dollhouses when I was little but I freaking love it! I totally would have played with that when I was little had I owned it. It's beautiful! Bria is one lucky little girl.

Danielle said...

That's such a nice doll house!! I would have killed for that when I was younger! Bria is a lucky girl :-)

Carly said...

omg- i love that house, and i cannot believe what a steal you got!!! I want to play with it :) She is going to LOOOOOVE it- I am so happy Brian convinced you :)

Sarah said...

That is lovely! Thankfully, she has you to break it in before she's old enough to play with it. =D

Amy said...

Can I come over and play with the dollhouse???