Thursday, September 10, 2015

Preschool and 1st Grade

Oh man, I am a Mom of 2 kids in school. Crazy!
Reese is in her first year of preschool, she goes Tuesday/Thursdays from 9-11:30 am. 



She had a great first day, she was shy when I dropped her off but not scared. When I picked her up she was totally nonchalant about everything and I couldn't help but giggle, she can be so unimpressed with things. The teacher said she did great. Reese did tell me that the pears I packed for her were old so she didn't eat them. They turned a little brown and she didn't like that :)
After I picked her up we went to the library together. We shared some donuts, checked out books, and then walked around the pond and chased ducks. After quiet time (even preschool doesn't tire this girl out for a nap) we played with water beads on the deck together, swung on the rope swing, and tossed the ball around. She definitely enjoyed one on one time and so did I.




Bria went to the first grade this year, all day school! I got her lunch all packed and sent her off.



When I woke her up at 7:10 am (her school is from 8:30-3) she yawned and sleepily said, "I didn't know you had to get up so early for school." That made me laugh, and I told her she was encouraged to sleep in on weekends to make up for the "early" weekday wake ups. 
It seemed like her first day went well. She did say she was hungry so I needed to pack more lunch next time, glad she has an appetite! One of the first things she said to Brian when she got in the car, "I didn't realize it was going to be so long." Haha, sweet girl...I hear ya.
She definitely seemed sluggish after school, but fortunately not cranky. 

Here is to a great year of school!!

No comments: