Friday, September 25, 2015

Penny's Princess Party

Penny turned 2! Can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I started watching this little thang...my girls always look forward to having her over and ask daily if it's a Penny day.
Reese and Penny are pretty hilarious together. They play like sisters and get on each other's nerves like only sisters do. They are both sassy so it's pretty fun to watch. Reese better watch out, Penny is catching up in size!

Bria is SUCH a mom to Penny. From the minute she comes home from school, to the minute Penny goes home, Bria is taking care of her. She follows her around, plays with her, gets her food, takes her potty, puts her down for a "nap" and generally dotes on her. 
When I take them to the park Bria doesn't go off and play, she stays right by Penny's side. I try to encourage Bria to go run around and be a kid but she prefers to mother Penny. She is a natural nurturer. Say that 10 times fast ;)

I got some cheap fall decor at Target and was pretty happy with my little mantel. Funny how 2 pumpkins and a cute little banner makes me all sorts of happy. 


Bria had a pretty exciting little accomplishment, she started learning to ride a bike. This girl is stubborn beyond stubborn and can let her fears get the better of her. She has been adamant that she will not learn to ride a bike until she is a grown up, no matter how much I explain that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. 
But Bria is also internally competitive and when she saw Reese on the Skuut, attempting to master the pedal-less bike, she decided she would give bike riding a shot. She did great and rode by herself a few times for 10 seconds or so. We celebrated and celebrated and she was very proud of herself. 
Here is a little video, although I'm realizing that my videos never seem to display and I don't know why. Giving it a shot anyway...

Unfortunately she hasn't returned to the bike riding. I don't want to push it, but I don't want her to lose the courage and momentum either. I have all these envisions of me pushing Reese in the stroller and Bria riding her bike next to us, and unfortunately when I get an idea like that in my head I can't get it out and I become cranky until that idea becomes a reality. I think Brian HATES is confused by my singular focus on random things...just another one of my incredible personality traits :)

No comments: