Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Just call her Bria Hamm

Soccer season started and for the first time we have a little Holcomb in it!
Bria was very excited to start and be a part of a team. She has attended lots of other games for her cousins and friends, so the fact that she is on the field now thrills her to death. 
First practice was adorable and she had a smile on her face the whole time. She did a great job paying attention which was awesome. She tends to get caught up in her daydreams (such a mini me) and I thought for sure she would be picking flowers and making headbands on the field, but nope, she was running fast and kicking hard. Loved it.


Second one in from the right, purple shirt
Her first game was this last weekend and unfortunately Daddy was out of town, hiking. So it was just me, Reese, and 1,002 things crammed into the jogging stroller. I didn't want to be unprepared so I packed the whole garage. Also, it was nearly 100 degrees outside so that was fun. I was sweating, before we even got in the car. 
We parked at Lark's house since Cooper had a soccer game at the same time and we walked down together. Once there I set up our Costco tent to give me and Reese some shade and then unpacked enough food for a camping trip. There was no way Bria was going to be hangry (hungry + angry)! 
The water was cold, we had shade, only thing missing was a beer ;)

Cheering on her team from the sidelines!

 Bria did awesome. She wasn't afraid of the ball at all and was pretty dang fast. She had some great kicks and even better blocks. I was beaming with pride, she had so much fun and I loved watching her out there.
Getting ready to run out on the field as a team!

I can always spot her out on the field!
 
Team stretching
Pre-game huddle

She would smile and wave every few minutes, loved it!

Focus and determination
At some point during the game, Reese got ahold of my phone and I have quite a few random pictures, mainly looking like this:


Bria is definitely a little cheerleader as her and another teammate were cheering Go Penguins! the whole time. That's their team name by the way, the Gray Penguins. Love.
After their victory (but I didn't keep score) we jumped in Lark's neighborhood pool and cooled off. It was perfect, except 179 people had the same idea so the pool was a little crazy. The kids didn't care though, they were in heaven.
After we tired them out I headed home to plop them in a bath and crack open that beer...just in time for Brian to come home. 

No comments: