Friday, March 28, 2014

We have moved

The move happened.
Last Friday was the first moving day. Lance and Kyle came up to help Brian and we were beyond grateful. I feel horribly guilty asking them to drive all the way up here and then I felt horribly guilty all day making them lift heavy things and work their butts off all day long. But they did it, with smiles on their faces and plenty of jokes to make the day not just bearable, but actually kind of fun...at times :)
I can't get over their strength and efficiency, we had everything moved over by about 5 pm that evening...besides a few boxes of kitchen stuff.
We made sure to take a Buffalo Wild Wings break half way through, 'cuz you gotsta refuel. And refuel we did.
BWW! (Kyle and Lance)
That night Grammy and Heather kept the girls at Heather's house for a sleepover and the girls were ecstatic. Grammy and Heather loved it too, accept they were both exhausted and decided they liked sleeping alone best. :)
Saturday my Dad, Anna, and the girls drove up (again I felt so guilty!) and CLEANED MY ENTIRE HOUSE. Seriously.
I was in shock. We scrubbed and cleaned and scrubbed some more. Anna had the bathrooms shining like they never had before and my Dad and the girls tackled the kitchen with ferocity. It was fabulous. We left that place sparkling clean and headed to the new place. I was so grateful to have that horrible chore done.
At the new place they continued to be superstars and set up my kitchen, computer, you name it. They were amazing.
Brian and his Dad spent the day doing last minute touch ups on the old house, doing cable stuff on the new one and tackling the disaster of a garage. Again, so grateful.
So the move went great and I was over the moon with gratitude to our families for lending a hand. We could not have done it without them, it was overwhelming and stressful but they helped me so much.
The next couple days consisted of me walking around aimlessly wondering what the heck to do first. Eventually I started kicking ass and taking names. Empty boxes were flying everywhere and I was organizing like Monica Geller.
It's officially been a week since the move day and the house is pretty well set up, besides the 4th bedroom. Yeah don't go in there yet.
I hung a few things today and last night on our date night Brian and I organized the garage. I know, we are crazy romantic. But hey, we enjoyed each others company and I'm enjoying parking in the garage...since it hasn't stopped raining all week. Grrr.
We are suppose to have internet next Tuesday. I miss the internet. But also? It's amazing how much I can get done without the distraction of pinterest, blogs, facebook, ya know all of that stuff. Currently I'm sitting in Starbucks using their WiFi. I kind of feel like I'm in college again.
So here's an update that will hopefully hold over the family until we get internet :)
And here are some pictures from my phone from the past week:

Slumber party at Aunt Heather's!

 And our ballet day today:


Can't get this one to stay still!

And then she was done with pictures, clearly.



No comments: