Sunday, March 16, 2014

Arizona-The finale

Let's wrap up this Arizona trip since it happened awhile ago and I've been jumping back and forth between birthdays, sicknesses, and all that jazz. 
Shortly after our amazing family brunch on Saturday I took Bria to Bristols to play until bedtime. Saturday Bria was almost 100% better and she was dying to play with Bristol. From what Lanie told me, they played amazingly well together, no fighting, just playing. 
Coloring together
Saturday was also the day it POURED. Sweet Arizona, thanks. ;)

While Bria was soaking up her Bristol time, Jenny, Jax, and Grandma and I went to my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Barry's for quality time. It was so wonderful to see my Uncle doing so well, he recently had a heart transplant...scary stuff. It's been quite a long road for them and the day he got a new heart was a monumental one. My Aunt Cathy described it so well and unfortunately I did not get the articulate gene, but she said it was such a bittersweet day. The relief and joy they felt that Barry was getting a new heart, but the utter sadness for the family that just lost a loved one. We will forever celebrate that day and another family will mourn. 
Such odd emotions associated with it. We are truly grateful to that family.

Sunday morning we had a relaxing morning hanging in the backyard. 

I was mentally going through our crazy trip and how eventful it was. Even though it was traumatic, it was memorable :) Also, spending that time with Jenny and Jax was so precious to me. It goes without saying that seeing my Arizona family always fills up my love tank. But also getting that quality time with my sister and nephew was just priceless. Hearing Jax say, "Lou Lou" all weekend and teaching him fun little things to say:

Me: "Jax, who loves you?"
Jax: "Lou Lou!"

Me: "Jax, whose handsome?"
Jax: {pointing to himself} "Dis guy!"

Watching tv together

Having a tea party!

Rain rain go away!

And also, his love for Bria made my heart swell. He would say her name perfectly and often and I loved it. She loved bossing teaching him and playing with him. 





We went and saw my Grandpa at the gravesite and had an emotional time there. Bria loved looking at all the beautiful flowers people had left for their loved ones. 
Eventually it was time to head out, our hero Chelsee came and took us to the airport and we were very grateful to her. It gave us more time to catch up with her and man I love my family!
We made sure to have plenty of time in the airport so we weren't running and sweating by the time we reached the airplane.
And we had time for these!!!!

Cheers!

Cheers!
We are already planning our next trip, this time with Jaime and maybe minus the kiddos. :)
And also, pictures with our cousins and aunts, what the heck is wrong with us?! Wet get too busy talking and apparently to take pictures. Super mad at us.

No comments: