Tuesday, March 18, 2014

So the moving thing...

We are currently renting the house we have been in for 3 years. We love it and we are getting a smokin' deal on it! Over the course of 3 years we have thrown around the idea of buying, we want to so bad but unfortunately our house in Albany that we sold a year and a half ago really hurt us. We were victims of the housing crash, bought at the wrong time and had to sell at the wrong time. 
So we are being patient and waiting until we can buy. For awhile I swore to never buy again, I was so mad at how much money we had wasted on the house, but that's life.
Anyway, the owner of our current house has decided to sell. He sent us a very nice email about how he wishes he didn't have to, we've been perfect tenants (if you know me, you know I was all proud when he said that), but his new job and pay cut in Utah has forced him to sell this house.
So we got to join the millions in Portland in search of a rental. Ugh. Holy cow the prices are insane. I was checking 3 times a day because good houses went fast. 
We found one that was absolutely amazing. Very desirable neighborhood, large, older so it had a lot of character, it was just perfect. The lady was a little quirky and didn't even have us fill out an application, she was going off of whether she liked us. She sent us a very nice email after about how she liked our vision for the house and would get back to us later in the week when the other 4 people had seen the house.
I thought we had it in the bag. I mean, we were charming and talkative and I appealed to her hippy side.
But apparently it was not meant to be. We got the rejection email and I totally felt like I got dumped. I wanted to know why she didn't choose us and what the other people had that I didn't. Seriously, I felt rejected.
I was super down in the dumps that evening (starting my period did not help). So what do your friends do? They drop these off for you:
 Man I love my Buells. Amanda had Dusty pick these up while grocery shopping and then bring them to us. They definitely helped.
So we hit the pavement and I scheduled 5 houses in 2 days for us to look at. The 4th house was the ONE. It's fabulous. We walked in and instantly smelled the brand new carpet and paint. There's 4 bedrooms, fabulously large master bath and closet, and has lots of natural light. The downside? No A/C.
AHHHHHH!
This is going to be a huge deal in a few months when it gets super hot out, I think we'll be investing in some window units.
Moving day is this Friday. Packing is not fun, moving is not fun, unpacking is really really not fun. But we are looking forward to our new house, new neighborhood, and new journey. We are super close to Heather now which will be fun.
So this week I will be busy packing and then when we move it might be a little bit before we get internet.
That is our big moving news, in other news this cutie loves the johnny jump up that we borrowed from Jenny:
 Penny is seriously in heaven in this thing. She smiles and talks and jumps and is just so happy.
 Bria is thrilled that somedays she can wear her pretty spring dresses. We get glimpses of sunny, warm days and it is so wonderful.
Reese is still getting over her infections. That pneumonia really does a number on kiddos!
 Her coughing got so bad that she broke blood vessels in her face and had small red dots under her eyes and around her mouth. My cell phone would not capture it because it's a horrible camera.
 But it did capture her beautiful blues :)
Most of the week looked like this:
I don't mind the extra cuddles one bit! Although it was challenging to take care of her and Penny and Bria so by the end of the week I was a zombie. But now that she is on the mend and sleeping fabulously things are looking up. Just in time for the big move!

No comments: