Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hiatus

Apparently blogging for a week straight wore me out and I took a little blogging hiatus.
Brian was on a business trip for a few days and I always go a little crazy when he's not here. My poor girls were probably wondering what the heck was wrong with me, I was tired and plum out of ideas for ways to teach and entertain the girls.
But he's back now and all is well :)
Last year I started working on our family photo albums through My Publisher and I absolutely adore them, I completed 2009 and 2010, started 2011 and then went on a hiatus. I guess that's my MO. But a few days ago I finally picked up in 2011 and I have been going full steam ahead. That was the year Reese was born so it's been really fun to go back and see that time in our life, almost made me want another one (ALMOST Lanie, don't get any ideas!). I have to finish November and December and then the book will be complete, then I wait to order it until they have a huge mega sale. And I'm hoping I can get 2012 done before I run out of steam :)
Some random pictures from the park:



Last weekend I jam packed my schedule in preparation for Brian being gone and one of my outings was having dinner and drinks with two girls that were my absolute best friends in middle school, Rhandie and Katherine. Most people don't think fondly of the middle school years, probably because we are all going through awkward phases and have braces and our hair is hideous and we have no boobs...those might all be specific to me but I'm sure some can relate. Anyway, I actually look back at middle school with the best of memories and it's all because of those two girls. They were my very best friends and we did everything together, a majority of it included laughing hysterically and acting ridiculous. We would walk down the halls and purposely trip each other just to laugh. Yeah, we weren't popular, at all. But we could care less because man did we have fun!
Sadly after middle school we all went to different high schools, darn our parents for moving! So we lost touch completely and then through the magic of Facebook (and a chance meeting between Rhandi and Katherine at the Zoo) we made a date.

Peeps, we didn't even skip a beat. We were laughing and making the same stupid jokes and loving it. It felt good to be with gals that knew me way back when :) What is so funny to me is that we are actually kind of different in a lot of ways, but I guess we are the same where it counts.

Me, Katheirne, and Rhandie back in the day
Me, Rhandi, and Katherine today :)

I'm telling you, we are incredibly random, and super hilarious :)


 Now that we are in touch again we're going to try and stay that way, Rhandie actually lives up here in Tigard and Katherine is in Salem which is an hour south, but she is hoping to move up to Portland soon. Such a small world that we may all end up in the same area after all the years, very serendipitous.

1 comment:

Kris and MaLanie said...

Thank you for the special shout out in your blog post. One day I will turn that ALMOST into a HECK YES, let's have another adorable baby! :)