Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday

6:30-7:15 am-Boot camp baby!!

7:20-Come home and get a cup of coffee, heavenly. Bria is upstairs in our bed while Brian is getting ready for work.

7:30-Reese wakes up and her and I snuggled on the couch, she drinks her milk, I drink my coffee, and we learn about manatee's from the one and only, Cat in the Hat. Shortly after, Bria comes down and we say goodbye to Dad as he heads off to work. Each girl demands hugs and kisses from him, and there are big meltdowns if they don't get them...I may or may not be included in this ;)




8 am-Get breakfast for both girls and myself.
8:30-9:45 am-Put a movie on for the girls and go shower and get ready for the day, then get the girls ready and head off to Target for some essentials. Stop at Fred Meyer on the way home for produce (our Freddy's has the best produce)



11am-We are finally home and after some thorough hand washing (shopping carts gross me out) we do lunch (apples for Bria, greek yogurt for Reese, and turkey/cheese quesadilla for all of us)

11:30-12:30-After a delicious lunch we count the money in Bria's piggy bank...she has been wanting a Merida doll (she has the Barbie sized one but she wants the doll sized one, she is so deprived ;) for awhile and saw it and Target so I told her we would count and see how much she has. She is about $7 short (I didn't count the nickels and dimes though) so I told her she needs to continue saving. We play and then look at our family albums (the girls love doing this) then it's on to nap time and quiet time!

12:30-3-Bria does quiet time and I try to take a snooze but she keeps making random requests to stall her quiet time. Eventually we come downstairs and color together.

3 pm-Reese wakes up and is in a pretty good mood, we all play dolls together and then around 3:30 to our surprise, Dad comes home! I am LOVING his coming home early thing :) The girls play in Bria's room together, I put away laundry that has been clean for a couple days now and Brian does more work. Then the girls bombard Dad and request he smell their feet:



Why? I have no idea, don't your kids do that?

5-6 pm-Brian puts pot pies in the oven, we eat dinner (the girls devour it) and then play. We do some concerts together, scare each other, and even skinny dip in the pool in the back...the girls do anyway :) Also, we pulled two carrots from our garden and they weren't half bad. Not the huge carrots I was hoping for but it was our first try.

Look at our little guys ;)


6-7 pm-Watch AFV (America's Funniest Videos) together and eat popcorn. Then it's off for bedtime routine. I'm chatting with my Mom on the phone so Brian does it all and I get to cuddle Reese and sing to her before putting her down.

Popcorn with my girls :)

Now it's 7:30 pm and I'm really wanting a glass of wine but trying to be good and only drink on weekends...I'll let you know if I stayed strong ;)

3 comments:

The Beavers said...

Its always fun to see what other mamas do with their kids and their routines!! Do you love starting your day with Boot Camp?! I think thats the best way :) You look fabulous and sexy as always!

Anonymous said...

Boot Camp is the best!! :) What kind of stuff do you do?

Sara

Lulu said...

Sara-It's different every day, Monday and Friday are more cardio oriented and we usually do a bunch of reps of random stuff. Tuesday and Thursday are more strength based with weights and plank type stuff. :)