Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Update part 2

Reese: 1 year 1.5 months
She has been walking for a couple weeks now and has become very independent. Her absolute favorite thing in the world is to for walks outside. It's great except for the fact that she does not understand sidewalks and the safety they possess. Not only does she try and wander to the street or up people's driveways, she throws a massive fit if I try and steer her in the right direction. And forget about it if I pick her up and physically move her. Can we say drama queen?

"Pleeeeease let me go outside!"

 She loves to be on the couch, I know it's because Bria is up there so it makes her feel like a big girl. Anytime she wants up there, or up anywhere for that matter, she mouths the word up. I know she is trying to say it but no sound comes out, it's just her mouthing the word. It makes me laugh every time.
She is a smarty pants (not bias at all), she knows all the body parts on her face plus her toes and belly and head. When I tell her to go get her shoes and sit down so I can put them on, she does it. I'm aware that the reason she actually listens to me is because getting her shoes on=going outside.
 Her vocabulary is definitely growing which is so neat to hear. Just last Friday she said Bria clear as day. I have witnesses too, both Brian and Heather were there to hear it. She has said it each day since then and it is pretty fun. Then there are the standards: Mama, Dada, Hi, Baby, and Up. She also signs please and we think we've heard Thank You a few times.
  One thing I don't want to forget is her love of purses and dolls. She will find a purse and carry it around like she is this big girl and it kills me with cuteness. She will wave to us and walk away then come back and do it again, guess she's seen me do it a few times. Her love of baby dolls melts me. I guess because I was obsessed with dolls as a kid and loved playing Mom so it is so fun to watch her love of them at such a young age.
If I had to describe her in one word...well I couldn't. But she is a spunkyloveablecharacter. She knows exactly how to get people to comment on how cute she is and sometimes I just roll my eyes at her because I can't believe someone so little knows how to work people. She plays the shy card, she gives a big huge cheezy grin, she waves, she stares, whatever it takes to get people to look at her.
She is sooo cuddly. This little girl gives the BEST hugs and will just cuddle up on you with her arm around your neck. I know I've said this 100 times before but I can't help it, it's so precious.
She despises diaper changes and pretty much anytime you lay her down on her back. I usually get her dressed on the run, that's super fun. I feel the need to warn anyone that babysits her that she can freak out and scream and cry but it never lasts long, she gets over whatever upset her pretty quickly, it's just her way of letting you know that was not cool. Aside from her mini meltdowns, she is such a content little girl and just plays and loves to have fun.
Any time she hears music she starts dancing and flapping her arms, that's my girl!
Her sense of humor is so similar to Brian's, such a jokster. She is such a happy girl and so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She certainly is! Love that little girl :)