Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Sweet sweet vacation

Spending 5 days away from the hussle and bussle of everyday life was exactly what we needed. Not only that, but we got to spend it with amazing family and that just made the deal sweeter.
Thursday morning we got on the road shortly before 9 am, I had spent hours preparing for the 8 hour car ride and I think it was time well spent because the car ride went pretty darn smooth. Reese took two small naps and only got cranky once. Bria didn't sleep at all (are we sure she's my child?) but did awesome. I had tons of little games, new toys, and movies to entertain her with. Plus oodles of snacks that I normally don't let her have. 
We arrived safely Thursday evening and went to the Worsley's new house in Boise. It was absolutely gorgeous. It's a 1920's home completely redone and just stunning. Mix that with the gorgeous weather and super awesome family and we were in heaven. 
Friday morning we all went for a walk to the park:

Me and my girls (we ended up peeling off layers because it was that warm, I love Boise!!

Family pic

The beautiful house

On top of camelback hill


Cutie patootie just walking around

 They kindly gave us a big room to stay in and I was surprised the girls did so well sleeping in the same room. Although the first night there was a little hiccup, at the time I was mad but now it's funny: I put both girls to bed (Bria on the air mattress that I would share with her and Reese in the pack 'n play in the big walk in closet) and they did great. About 45 minutes later Reese starts crying so I go in to find Bria in the pack 'n play with Reese saying how she was just playing with Reese. Poor baby, she was fast asleep and Bria storms in there and jumps on her. I put Reese back down and gave a stern talking to Bria, which worked because she didn't do it again :)
Bria was in heaven playing with all the kids, especially Kennedy and Ellie who were around 7 years old. She loved the older girls and LOVED playing outside.
 They had this awesome swing in the back and Bria literally played on it for hours.
Her favorite swing ever.

Dad and his baby
 Friday night we were able to do an adult date night at Olive Garden and it was fabulous. Saturday morning we packed up, said our sad goodbyes and then headed to my cousin Tasha's house. Bria got to play with her second cousins, Payton and CJ and enjoyed it so much. She loved all their toys and they were so sweet to her.
We were also able to swing an adult night and go bowling on Saturday:
I'm an awesome bowler ;)
 I'm not a good bowler so when I scored 100 one game and 99 the next I was happy :)
The Beavers played that day so we had to sport our Jerserys

My sweet cousins and me (Cala, me, Tasha, and Robyn)
I can't tell you how much fun I have with my cousins, I laugh so much when I'm with them and I just adore them. Besides the fact that Boise is beautiful, I would love to move there to spend more time with them.
Aspen, Payton and Bria all ready for bed
Bria and Payton slept in the same room both nights we were there. It was hilarious to listen to them play for hours before they actually went to bed. It reminded me of Tasha and I when we were little. Except I'm pretty sure we listened to our parents and went to bed at a decent time. Bria, not so much. Both nights Payton passed out like a good little girl and Bria was up and wanting to play. Why does my child not like sleep?!
You bet your butt I like sleep! I got to cuddle with Payton and she is an absolute doll.
 Payton was my little shadow all weekend and I just loved it. I could eat her up she is so stinkin' precious. And her eyes, oh her eyes are strikingly gorgeous just like her Mom's.

Reese loved eating at the little kids table, she felt so big.

Sweet Aspen, such a content baby!
 Saturday night we watched the football games and then Sunday night we had a little girls night at Cala's. We got in our pj's, ate candy, and talked. It was perfect. Then we all started yawning and decided it felt like 2 am even though it was 10 pm. :)

Monday rolled around too soon and we were packing up and heading out before we knew it. The ride home went well, Reese slept a little more and Bria of course did not. But we made it home safely and now we are relishing in the fantastic family memories we just made.
Family is the best.

2 comments:

Tasha Coltrin said...

We are so glad you guys came. We had a blast. Please come again sooner than later. Love you guys!!!

LoAnn said...

Family is so much fun. Oh the stories your mom and I have. Keep getting together with your families. It is so much fun.