Monday, November 12, 2012

Update on the girls

I need to update on our girls and what they are doing these days so I don't forget what they were like at this age.

Bria-3 years 8.5 months
It seems she went from 2t to 4t, meaning she's had a growth spurt recently. Most of her 3t shirts are too small for her (poor thing has my long torso) and the pants are too short. I don't think I can call her my toddler anymore, she's my little girl!
We started to have a rough time with her and her, um, emotions? She was screaming and reacting VERY strongly to things, not listening, throwing fits about EVERYTHING we told her to do. I was getting super frustrated.
 So I turned to my friend, pinterest, and found the Good Jar/Bad Jar thing. Every time Bria makes a bad choice, we put a rock in the bad jar. If she fills it up, we take away a toy. If she fills up the good jar, she gets to buy a new toy.
It has worked soooo well. She would get so upset when we had to put a rock in the good jar so I knew it was effective and the nice part is that I wasn't yelling and she was still getting the message that what she did was not okay. Fortunately she filled up her good jar first so we took her to Kohl's and got her a new toy of her choosing: Jake's Talking Eye spy thing. She has never seen Jake's Adventures (I'm not sure what it's called) but she is obsessed with the spyglass thing.




To sum up, the jars have been working really well and I don't feel guilty at the end of the day for yelling at my child. I see more of my sweet Bria and it makes me so happy.
She is loving preschool and always runs right up to Mrs. Biamont and gives her a hug when we get there. She's such a lover :)



Bria loves to lay on the ground and have Reese come crawl on her. Of course, they end up wrestling and getting too rough but before that they both have fun.
I can't say enough how much of a character she is. She has different voices, different facial expressions, and says the craziest stuff. I think we need to get her in theater.


She is learning to write her letters and doing pretty well with tracing them. She recognizes about half her letters (this has been a struggle, I take a lot of blame because I haven't found an effective way to teach her them) and most her numbers.
Her pink blanket is her lovey. She has to have it when she sleeps or when she is sad or sick, she rolls the satin edge between her fingers and it calms her right down. I have to giggle because I still roll soft fabric between my fingers to soothe myself, how does that kind of stuff get passed down to our kids?! Crazy. When she sleeps the blanket is up by her face/neck. Super safe ;) She's like her Dad in that she likes to have something up by her face (Brian sleeps with 3 pillows, he would probably sleep with 10 if I let him) when she sleeps. Her other lovey is the blue puppy that Brian gave her before he went on his hike. He's pretty big but she makes room for him :)
She is obsessed with boys. I'm serious, this girl is boy crazy already and Brian is in big trouble. She acts so different around boys, she is flirty and laughs and is soooo affectionate with them. Eeek!
Her absolute favorite thing in the whole world is family time/family cuddles. She LOVES when we all cuddle together in our bed. I hope she always likes it :)

No comments: