Friday, April 13, 2012

Welcome baby girl!

Guess what? Lanie had her baby! I was so excited when she called me last Friday to tell me she was in labor, I was all sorts of giddy. I waited impatiently to get the okay to head to the hospital and then got to be there when sweet little Brinley Ann was born.
Birth is miraculous and just the best thing ever. I was so honored to be there and can't thank Lanie enough for letting me be apart of something so incredible. Her Mom flew in from Chicago and made it with 45 minutes to spare! All around it was pretty freaking exciting. And of course, Lanie was a champ dude.

I know you aren't usually suppose to post pics of someone right after birth without their permission, but hello, she looks AMAZING. Seriously, this was like 15 minutes after giving birth.
Yeah, I'm jealous too.


Proud Daddy, Mia, and Mommy.

This little angel sucked her thumb like she had been doing it all her life. Haha. But seriously, it was too precious.

I went to visit on Monday after they got home and I was in heaven snuggling a little newborn :)
Me and precious baby Brinley

Brinley and Reese, BFF's :)

This week has been pretty good, it's gone by quite fast actually, which is nice. Bria had her first dentist appointment yesterday and I was in shock with how well she did. I took her about 6 months ago for a free dental exam, but they didn't do a teeth cleaning or anything. So this was her first actual dentist experience. I took both girls and since Bria was in a good mood I thought things might go pretty well. I couldn't have known that they would go so well I would feel like super mom or something.
Seriously, the whole Mom thing makes you feel like a failure at times. Like when Bria decides that hitting Reese is acceptable, or when she throws herself on the ground because I told her to go get a kleenex and wipe her nose. But yesterday the stars aligned and I had a magical dentist experience.
Bria hopped up on the chair like she was an old pro, she giggled and smiled as the hygienist showed her all the cool tools she was going to use to clean her teeth, she opened her mouth big and just laid there as she cleaned her teeth. When the dentist came in she continued to be super girl. And while all this was going on, Reese was sitting happily in my lap sucking her her zipper to her jacket. All this probably doesn't sound that impressive, but it's pretty exciting to have such an easy experience at a place like the dentist with a toddler and baby.
So yeah, I'm celebrating because it was a Mommy victory!
Another victory is my dedication to jogging. 6 weeks and I'm still going strong!


How adorable is this?
Bria didn't mind until I had snapped about 27 pictures and then she finally said, "Can I get out now?"

I couldn't help taking pictures, I loved that Reese was sleeping on her big sister. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

So true about motherhood. It can make you feel like such a failure or such a champ depending on the day. Glad I'm not alone in that!!