Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bria and Reese

What are the girls up to these days? I feel like I get caught up in just posting pics and quick updates that I don't always journal the little things my girls are doing. Let's start with my eldest.

Bria
Sleeping: 8 pm (usually doesn't fall asleep until almost 9, sometimes even later) to 7:30 am. She naps some days, on the days she doesn't nap she still spends almost 2 hours in her room by herself playing.

Eating: Her eating has improved tremendously from what it use to be. She eats a fruit and vegetable each day (sometimes a bite of an apple is all, but it still counts in my book!) and is like me in that she could and would eat cereal for all meals. Love it ;)


Playing: Some days she does so well at playing by herself and using her imagination. It's fun to hear her use different voices when playing with little stuffed animals or something. Anytime I'm on the phone she has to get her phone and then she walks around and talks on it.



Helping: She has been so wonderful helping with Reese, she gets her toys, burp cloths, and blankets. The cool thing is that she can usually soothe Reese if I'm in the middle of making dinner or doing dishes. Bria also loves using wipes to help wipe counters and cupboards.



Misc: She is becoming more independent which is so cool. She has put her shoes on and gone outside in the backyard all by herself. I'm sure most moms would freak, but Bria is pretty good about staying close to us at all times, even at home. I did tell her that she needed to ask before going outside :) She's also started going to the bathroom by herself, her bathroom upstairs has a stool by the toilet that climbs up on so the only thing we have to do is wipe after she is done. Our downstairs bathroom has a stool too but it's a little too tall so she doesn't like climbing on it, we just have to set her on the toilet. She is super inquisitive, very observant, and incredibly lovey. I'm so happy she's mine.


Reese
Sleeping: 7 pm-6/6:30 am (Oh Lordy this is too early for me, we were spoiled with Bria, it's been rough trying to wake myself up so early, but I can't complain because she sleeps through the night). She usually takes 2 naps a day, sometimes 3.



You are in love with that hat aren't you? My cousin Lanie made it, the coolest part is the the green flower can be changed out for any color flower. Yep, place your orders here folks!

Eating: She nurses about 5 or 6 times a day and eats baby food once or twice. She eats well, just doesn't eat a lot. Her favorites so far include apples and peaches. She is getting really good at drinking water from her sippy cup.



Playing: This little girls can entertain herself for quite awhile which is so nice. She loves her jumperoo and has mad hops (ie jumps a lot and really high). She loves putting everything in her mouth, especially non-toy items...cool. She is incredibly strong and has taken steps while holding on the the edge of the couch. She loves her giraffe, peacock, and little bunny rattle. But I think her favorite thing to do is watch her big sister. She is in love with Bria and squeals in delight at her just walking into a room. She reaches for her and LOVES when Bria tries to pick her up. She gets so giddy when I lay her in Bria's bed with her before nap time, it's so precious.

Helping: Reese helps me improve my ability to get poop stains off of clothes :)

Misc.: This little girl is absolutely the sweetest little thing. She has the best smile that lights up a room, gorgeous eyes, and an adorable laugh. She is definitely a mama's girl and thinks I should be holding her if I am within a 50 yard radius of her. She is without a doubt a perfect addition to our little family.


My sweet girls.

Proof of their love :)

I sure love them, can't believe how fast they are growing up!
Do I say that in every post? I sure feel like I do, but I can't help it, it's totally true.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I can't believe how grown up they both are! Beautiful girls :) And amen on the getting shoes on and going outside. Austin and I had a LONG talk about that. Especially since we back up to the woods! Fenced in backyard, check.