Saturday, April 21, 2012

7 months

Let's ignore the fact that Reese is officially closer to 1 than her time in my tummy. If we ignore that, then maybe I won't cry.
But probably I will.
Because this is scary how fast it's going by. I am not even close to lying when I say it feels like we were just in the hospital meeting little Reese for the first time and now here we are 7 months later.

So, let's be happy and focus on all the fun things my little baby is doing. Fortunately she is still a baby, phew.

I don't think I've posted her stats in awhile, here were her stats at her 6 month appt, which was a week late so I don't think they've changed much:

Height: 26 inches (60th percentile)
Weight: 14 lbs 13.6 oz (almost 30th percentile)
Head: 50th percentile

Wears size 2 diapers
6 months clothes

Let's also look at the developmental stuff she is doing (this is not a brag session, I'm doing his for journaling purposes, but if I wanted to brag that's my right since it's my blog and all :)

She sleeps from about 7-7. She also poops before she goes to bed, then about 3 hours later (I go in to check on her and can spell poop so I have to wake her up and change her, yeah that sucks), then first thing in the morning, then an hour later...you get the picture. She's a pooper.


"Hahaha, I LOVE pooping 'cuz my mom has to change my diaper all the time!"

Reese is so close to crawling, she will lay on her tummy and spin herself completely around in a circle, than roll to get where she wants to go. I fear crawling is going to be here before we know it. Maybe not though, maybe she'll surprise us and stay in one spot for many more months! Or maybe she will go straight to walking because the girl is strong.

Lately she has been taking two naps and I've been lucky enough that the second one coincides with Bria's. This makes for a happy Mommy. I pray it continues.


"Yeah, you keep on praying, Mom."

She is also a tummy sleeper. Before you go freaking out on me, both my girls have been and I don't think it's a bad thing. I even mentioned it to my pediatrician at the last appointment and she says Reese is definitely strong enough that tummy sleeping is not a concern.




She is a mama's girl through and through. If I walk anywhere near her when she is playing or being held by someone she thinks that I should hold her. When I pick her up in the morning and from her naps she holds me so tight and gives me the best loves ever. She also loves to bite on my chin/jaw. My little weirdo.





Did I mention we finally got her to take a bottle again? Phew! And slowly but surely she is doing better about eating baby food. Her favorite is sweet potatoes, which makes me feel good because that is the one thing I make myself for her. Besides mashing up bananas of course.



She has a wheeze/cough going on that's been here pretty much since birth. I have a suspicion and fear that it's asthma/allergy related. My smart Aunt LoAnn confirmed this, she had 4 asthmatic children so she knows what she's talking about.

She is such a little grabber. She loves grabbing my face, my collar bone, arm, anything she can get her sharp little hands on. And she pinches. And recently she's become a biter. Ouch.

Still bald and beautiful with piercing blue eyes.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

What a big girl! She probably gets the chin biting from Brian...