Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Holy shiznit

For the first 5 months of her life, Reese would poop about once a week. No joke. The pediatrician wasn't concerned because as you may know, it's normal for breastfed babies to go that long between poops.
Well, for the last two weeks Reese has pooped at least 5 times a day. And that is not an exaggeration. In addition, she has pooped every single morning at 6 am, which means it's impossible to get her to go back to sleep once she's changed and fed and I can't very well let her cry herself back to sleep since she's laying in a massive amount of poop. She poops after every feeding and sometimes more. Her bum is so red despite my religious applications of A&D and Desitin (seriously, any advice?). I'm glad she's healthy and all, but dang, it's a lot of poop!

Here she is munching on a banana, in an attempt to slow the pooping down.
It didn't work. I believe she is pooping in this picture.

I know that introducing solids can sometimes create different issues with poop, but Reese has decided she is not very interested in food these days and mainly nurses still. She doesn't even finish a Stage 1 food in a day.
Fortunately my little pooper is still cute and happy. I just feel bad for her poor bum!

I've been able to get in some girl time each week since my husband is awesome.

One of my best friends, Tiffanie. Seriously love her.
All my girlfriends and I getting pedicures!
(From left: Tiff, Dehlia, Amanda, Leslie, Me, and Randi)

This week we don't really have plans, which is kind of nice. I'm sure we'll do some play dates and of course, some jogging. It's suppose to rain this week, I'm hoping the weathermen are either wrong, or it's the last week of rain.
But I'm an Oregonian so I know better. Hmph.

3 comments:

E said...

Super Duper Diaper Doo. For realz. That stuff will clear up even the worst of rashes.

L said...

Triple paste usually works for us. Good Luck, too little or too much poop is never fun.

Brandi said...

I had to make sure Austin's bum was SUPER dry before putting any paste on. Like, blowing on his bum or using the hairdryer dry. Yep. I said blowing on his bum.