Tuesday, February 21, 2012

5 months old

Yeah these last two days my girls really socked it to me by both getting older.
Reese is 5 months old and adorable. She is such a sweet happy baby, I feel so incredibly lucky. This month of her life consisted of being sick, almost the whole month. She is finally getting better (I think) and it's been nice to see my smiley baby back again.

At 5 months old, here's a snapshot of Reese:
  • Sits up by herself for a few seconds, even long with the boppy around her
  • Rolls and rolls and rolls, ALL OVER the place
  • Found her feet this month
  • Loves her big sister
  • Is a mama's girl, but still quite enamored with her Dad
  • Nurses exclusively, about 5 times a day
  • Sleeps from about 7pm-7:30am (wakes once around 4 am or 5 am to eat and then goes back to sleep) *obviously this has not happened in the last week since she's been so sick
  • Takes 2 or 3 naps a day
"Wow, you're really hairy."

"Hey Thumper, Thumper look. Look what I can do Thumper. I'm touching my foot."

"Thumper is impressed!"

We are going to give solids a try in a few days. I'm not in a hurry but she is definitely showing signs of being interested so I know it's time. I am just not ready for the mess and stinky diapers. Meal time is already crazy, so this should get interesting ;)
I can't say enough how much this little girl lights up our world. She is such an essential part to our family and we love her so much.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love these picts!

Danielle said...

I think you need to write a book on sleep! You have had two very good sleepers!!