Monday, February 20, 2012

3 years old

My little cupcake is 3!

Happy birthday to my first born daughter. My sweet little mini me. I remember the excitement of finding out we were pregnant...then seeing the u/s and finding out it was a girl...then driving to the hospital in labor...then holding her for the first time...hearing her say mama...watching her take her first steps...getting her first haircut.




The last 3 years have been the best. Bria teaches me patience everyday and challenges me daily, but she also has me laughing so hard I cry and crying because I'm so happy. She is such a lover and wants to cuddle all day long.

Here is a snapshot of Bria at 3 years old:
  • Has quite an impressive memory
  • Loves to sing at the top of her lungs (I can't list even a quarter of the songs she knows but here are a few favorites: Star Spangled banner, Jesus Loves Me, I Am a Child of God, Feeling Groovy, Frosty the Snowman, and Dynamite)
  • Is incredibly observant (Example: I came home from running errands and had gotten my eyebrows waxed and tinted at the last minute. The first thing Bria said when I came in the door was, "Oh, did you do your eye brows?")
  • Loves to be tickled and chased
  • Her favorite game is to get under the covers with Daddy while I stomp towards them and then scare them. She thinks it is so much fun and would do it for hours if we would let her.
  • Insists on reading her bedtime book after we read it to her. Her impressive memory comes into play here, some of her books she says word for word.
  • Listens pretty well for the most part
  • Loves talking baby talk to Reese
  • Is obsessed with cupcakes and birthday parties
  • Is into Dora, Blues Clues, Toy Story, and Tinkerbell. The last 2 she is starting to lose a little bit of interest but still likes them.
  • Enjoys doing craft things...I need to get over my aversion to messes
  • Fancy Nancy is teaching her fun new words like "perplexed" and "delectable"
  • Has a big attitude as well as a big heart
  • Is about 30 pounds and we'll find out how tall she is at her doctor's appt next week, I'm thinking she is tall for her age
  • Wears 3t, sometimes 4t shirts and size 6 shoes



My favorite thing that we say to each other is, "I love you to the moon and back." It melts my heart to hear her say it, I just love it.
I love my Bria girl!


2 comments:

Brandi said...

She's so gorgeous! (Must get it from her mother)

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday to Bria!!