Friday, February 03, 2012

Organizing and friends

Those are two completely different topics, we are not organizing our friends :)

I've been on an organization kick lately. If I didn't know any better I would think I was nesting. But seriously. I totally organized Bria's little toy fort, which is the little place under the stairs. It was crammed with toys and every night things just got thrown in there. I realized that was not a good way to store toys and expect her to dig through and find things to play with. So to the dollar store I went! I got a few containers and odds and ends to help keep things contained. It doesn't look all that impressive, especially because I don't have a before picture, but trust me when I say it's much better.

Everything has it's own place. This also makes clean up a lot easier!
Those little purple and pink stacking things are from the dollar store. I put jewelry in one bin, sunglasses in another (yes, she has enough sun glasses to dedicate a bin specifically for them!) and then her little Toy Story figurines.
Big Toy Story toys in one bin and barbies in another. She also has fun posters in her play fort. The top drawing is one that her cousin Kailey drew for her :)

I still have more to go, I want to get a shelf in there for books and stuff but it's nice to have gotten a start on it.

Our friends came up and stayed with us Saturday to Sunday last weekend and it was so much fun. They have a little boy, Gabe, who is 6 months younger than Bria and a daughter, Lucy, who is 2 1/2 months younger than Reese.
Bria and Gabe played so well together. They seriously had a blast. Usually when we get together we spend the whole time yelling, "Share!" so it was fun to watch them play so nicely together.

Lucy and Reese enjoyed laying next to each other :)
Yes, that is Lucy's actual hair. Reese was in shock. Or maybe that was me.
Lucy: 6 weeks Reese: 4 months

Silly kiddos

Seriously, they were too cute together.

We got so caught up in taking pictures of our kids that we didn't take any of us adults. Oh well, next time I guess.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You know how I love organizing! That under the stairs area is so awesome!