Friday, January 27, 2012

Emotions are running high

I've heard the new thing is that it's called the Terrific Two's and Terrible Three's. This terrified me to no end because, well, the two's have been rough. So I did what any normal parent would do, I went into denial and figured we were the exception to the rule.
Surely for Bria the two's were terrible and the three's were going to be fantastic. Well, here we are, about 3 weeks from Bria's third birthday and I am so scared to admit that the three's are looking even harder than the two's.

Bria and her BFF: Mackenzie (My friend Tiffanie's daughter)

Don't get me wrong, Bria is a very good little girl. I can trust her to stay by my side while we are in a grocery store, which makes going out with two little ones so much easier. She gives us tons of cuddles and loves and makes sure to thank God for family time in her prayers. She loves to help and tells us dozens of times a day that she loves us to the moon and back.



It's just that, well, she is emotional. And slightly bipolar at times. Let's be clear, when I say emotional I mean EMOTIONAL. Picture a woman on her period, all cranky and pms'ing and multiply it by 100. Bria will cry if you say anything remotely to what she doesn't want to hear, if you misunderstand her, if you make a move she doesn't want you too. It's crazy. And exhausting. And sometimes funny but not at night when she's been doing it all day long.
Fortunately, the past two nights she's been in such good spirits and so pleasant to be around. She's giving us a little break, making us think, "Hey, maybe the 3's won't be so bad after all!" And then wham! She's going to throw us a huge curve ball, I'm just sure of it.


So I'm hanging on to this little one as tight as I can and telling her she is not allowed to be a terrible toddler. She can only be sweet as pie, like she is now.

Her jumperoo provides so much joy!

Her 4 month check up was today and the doctor informed me many times how strong Reese was. She looked at me with sympathy and told me that she is going to be quite the mover. She was in shock and how strong she was and couldn't believe she was rolling so much, it made it hard to do the check up ;) She can stand up just holding onto your fingers, Bria was 6 months old before she could do that. So funny to me how different these two girls are. Bria was talking really early but took awhile to crawl and walk, I have a feeling Reese is going to be just the opposite.




2 comments:

Kelly said...

For us, the three's haven't been worse, but just different that the two's. When she was 2, it was all tantrums and meltdowns. Now, less of that, but Natalie has such a 'tude! So sassy! Anytime I tell her something, she comes back with some sassy comment. Drives me nuts!

Cute pictures, as always!

E said...

The other day Lyla sobbed because the carts at Target are red and not blue. Sobbed.