Friday, December 16, 2011

Outside and baby laughs!!

It has been freezing here lately but it didn't rain for like 2 weeks, wahoo!! So during Reese's naps, Bria and I would bundle up and head out in the backyard. We would make mud soup, play follow the leader, kick the ball around, and walk on the little garden ledge (Bria's favorite thing to do).

I didn't take pictures of the days we made mud soup, but let's just say that I soaked her clothes in oxi clean for 2 days to get all the dirt out. But she had fun so it was worth it.

Havin' fun :)
Gotcha!

My goofy girl.

Bria has been acting out a little and I'm pretty sure it's her adjusting to having a little sister and sharing Mommy. She hasn't been playing on her own very much and requires me to be by her side all day. Which is hard to do while also taking care of a baby. So I've been trying to be super sensitive and give Bria attention and include her in taking care of Reese, it's helped a little.
Reese has been doing well and only getting up once to eat the last 6 out of 7 nights. I really like when she only gets up once :) And I do enjoy that one on one time with her, it's nice to rock her and listen to her sweet little breathing while I burp her. I smell the back of her neck and kiss her soft cheeks, I'm just soaking her up as much as I can.

My sweet Reese's pieces
Happy girl!

She is quite a happy little baby. After she eats she usually talks and smiles and coos which is so fun. Then she wants to be held and will be content in my arms, it's a wonderful feeling.
On Wednesday she laughed for the first time!!! It's amazing what a miracle that sound is, I can't get enough. When Brian got home I was able to get her to laugh again and he was so excited. I love baby laughs!!

I think I am about done with Christmas shopping, just have a few little things I want to pick up. Since we rotate families each year (we have 4 families to see which was fine before kids but it's just too hard now, so we do 2 one year and the other 2 the next) this year is with Marna and Terry on Christmas Eve and then my Dad and Anna on Christmas day. I'm so excited because Marna and Terry are coming up on Christmas Eve and we're going to have it at our house. I'm really looking forward to it, plus that means the girls get to wake up on Christmas morning at their own house and that excites me so much! After we open presents and get ready we'll head down to my Dad's. It should be an amazing Christmas, I love spending so much time with family.

No comments: