Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Loading up and saying goodbye

Packing up our house and moving it all up to Portland was a lot of work. While we were loading up the trucks I was so stressed and busy that I didn't get emotional or sad.

Bria helping Grandpa take her crib apart.

Schuyler and Brian working hard.

But once the house was empty and we drove away, I got teary eyed.

goodbye to our very first house, a place we made home
goodbye to the place we became parents in, where we rocked our baby girl night after night
goodbye to our wonderful neighbors who made this a great neighborhood to live in

i know a house is nothing but wood nailed together with a roof thrown over it, but this house holds so many wonderful memories and i'm sad to say goodbye.
but with this goodbye comes a new season of our lives and we pray it's another good one.

Clearly Bria is having fun in our new place :)
So I will take her lead. Our new place has been very nice the past week and a half and I think we're gonna like it here. Brian's work is literally 5 minutes away, it is so close. Close enough that he has been biking to work and it takes him 9 minutes door to door. I can't tell you how wonderful this has been, we've had lunch with him and dinner as a family. I absolutely love having him work close by.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I can only imagine how nostalgic leaving your first house is. I'm so very happy that you are enjoying making a new home and having Brian working so close!

Sarah C said...

I'm glad the new place is working out, but it's so natural to miss the old place. Good luck over the next few months!