Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bria Boo I love you!

Rocking her baby doll in her favorite Ikea chair.

Playing blocks with Daddy.

She loves helping Brian when he brings out the tools.
It takes Brian twice as long to get anything done but I haven't heard him complain once.

Reading her book on her favorite chair.

Bria is at an incredibly fun age. I don't want to forget all her new things she has been doing because I love them (most of them ;)
  1. She LOVES reading. She will sit in her room for a half hour and read all her books. What amazes me is that she knows what each book is about. When she reads her books about Jesus she says, "Hello Jesus. I love you, Jesus." Holy cow that is the sweetest thing ever. Seriously, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. *Funny story: We had just arrived home from picking up Brian and I went to get Bria out of her car seat. She was holding her Jesus book so I set in on the floor in order to get her arms out of the straps. She started crying and yelling, "I love Jesus, I love Jesus!!" I think our neighbors were surprised she was so devoted at such a young age ;)
  2. She is really into her baby dolls. She has 2 favorites, one is from her cousins Kailey and Jaidyn and the other Grandma Anna bought for her and it's a little princess baby. She puts them in her little stroller, reads to them, tries to change their diaper, rocks them, you name it. Precious.
  3. She has decided that dinner is not for her. This is frustrating. She is teaching me that I can't control everything and that I need to chill out.
  4. She is so good about saying Thank You. I will hand her her milk and she'll sweetly say, "Thank you Mommy." We are still working on please but I'll take what I can get!
  5. She loves Sid the Science Kid and will look at the TV and say, "Kid, Kid!" She dances along to the songs and will sit there for a good 10 to 15 minutes and watch. It allows me to clean up breakfast which is wonderful. I accidently showed her the pbs website with Sid and she now is obsessed and wants to sit in front of the computer watching Sid all the time. She has a 15 minute time limit per day but that doesn't stop her from asking every 5 minutes :)
  6. She is becoming more and more attached to Brian. She's been a mommies girl up until now, but Daddy sure knows how to make her laugh and smile. She LOVES when he comes home from work.
  7. Says, "I love you, Mommy." Without prompting. Yeah, that makes my day. She says, "I love you, Daddy," too and says it to MJ. In fact, MJ was the first "person" she said it to without prompting, go figure.
We had an eventful weekend back home, it was wonderful. Brian's sister, Sara, got married and it was a wonderfully romantic wedding. More on that soon...

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

Sounds like such a fun little sweetheart! Can't wait to see here on Sunday.