Monday, October 27, 2008

One Word: AWESOME

Shopping on Saturday was a complete success, not only because we all got some great deals, but because we had an absolute blast. Well I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone, but I had such a good time. I left my house at 8 am and didn't get home until after 7 pm, I was one tired pregnant lady. But it was more than worth it. I loved spending time with my mom and sisters and Lanie, we had such a fun time talking and shopping and just hanging out. I got a few pairs of pants, some shirts, a sweater or two, and 2 pairs of shoes. 1 pair being the find of the century. All day we were looking for cute red flats and were not having much luck. But Nordstrom's came through for me and I was beyond thrilled. May I introduce to you the prettiest red shoe there ever was:

Sigh. I just love them, they are sooo comfortable which was numero uno priority for me. Plus they are just fantastic.
We were all beyond exhausted from the big shopping day, but we managed to stay awake on the drive home because we can't pass up an opportunity to talk :) I'm so grateful to my mom for taking me on the best shopping spree ever, I had an amazing time. And thanks to my sister's for taking the time out to help me pick out cute clothes. And one last thanks to Lanie for meeting us for lunch and then shopping with us afterwards, I think we wore her out in just 1 afternoon, we are tiring!

When I got home I showed Brian all my awesome purchases and then we frosted the cupcakes I had made for the pumpkin carving contest, sprinkled them with green sprinkles, and headed on our way. We were way late so we didn't carve our pumpkins or enter the contest, but we did socialize and eat which is just as fun. We went home and crashed that night, but not before Brian rubbed my feet which was awesome, they were killing me from all the walking.

Brian and I are both feeling better (we had the awful cold going around) so we've been going for lots of walks in the evening which I love, MJ does too. The weather is perfect right now so I want to take advantage of that. It may start raining on Friday, just in time for Halloween which is so typical of Oregon. Hopefully it holds off so the kiddos don't get soaked trick or treating. Although we are going to the Beaver game on Saturday so I don't want it to rain then either, and I'd like to spend time outside on Sunday so...really if it could just wait until after the Holidays that would be great.

Brian got his birthday present early, that's right, we are officially Mac owners. We borrowed the money from our credit card and will pay it off on Friday when I get paid. Why did we do that? Because Brian is impatient and we are going to be busy Saturday at the Beaver game. Lame excuses, but regardless, we have a working, functional computer and are thrilled. Brian had a lot of fun playing on it yesterday. He was able to do his homework a lot faster which is a huge plus. I think it'll take awhile to get use to, but we did ask the sales guy tons of questions so he helped orient us a little. Happy early birthday babe :)

Plans for this week include relaxing, relaxing, and relaxing. I'm looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Robyn Baird said...

How fun! Your shoes are super duper cute! Luv em!

Kris and MaLanie said...

Aw, the perfect shoes. Sigh! Nothing else compares... :) I had SO much fun hanging out with you guys on Saturday. I wish we lived even closer. I can't wait until Thanksgiving! Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest shoes EVER! We had our first snow today- we wish ya'll were here so Brian could get dog poo on his knee again.

Emilie said...

Sounds like a fun time! I hope your week has been good!