Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend Fun!

So we had a great weekend and stayed pretty busy. Friday night we decided to go to Red Robin because we hadn't been out to dinner in awhile. On our way there Tiff calls me and says her, Eric, and little Maggie are on their way to Red Robin to eat and do we want to join them? I couldn't believe the coincidence and I said of course, we are on our way now!
We had a great time catching up with the Brown's and watching Maggie be adorable. Tiff kept saying how excited she is for us and how it'll be the best thing, I completely agree.
After dinner we went to our neighbor, Roxie's, birthday party and had a good time. The only other people we knew there were our neighbor's, Adi and Scott, so I was a little out of my comfort zone and wasn't able to have a glass of wine to relax, lol. But everyone was really nice and there was another pregnant girl there so we had lots in common to talk about. Brian had fun with the guys out in the garage playing games. Then karaoke came out and it was on. Even Brian joined the fun which was awesome, he was cracking everybody up, he's my class clown :) We had a great time and I'm glad I came out of my shell.

Saturday was Beaver game day! We spent time at the Bauer's tailgater which was of course a blast as always. This year though they have the Beaver bus, oh yeah. It's a short bus converted and personalized into a Beaver bus with custom seats and a flat screen TV, it doesn't get any better. Oh wait, yes it does. They also have a Beaver van that they transport all the food and stuff in while the people ride in the bus. So freakin' awesome. You may be asking, so where is a picture of these cool rides? Let me tell you a funny story:
I have been kicking myself for forgetting the camera when we go places so I made a mental note to NOT FORGET THE CAMERA. Did I forget the camera? Nope! I remembered and I was so proud. So when the moment was right I whipped the camera out for Amy to take a picture. I tried to turn it on before I handed it to her but I had gloves on so I thought she could turn it on. It wasn't working for her so Brian tried. What was wrong, why wasn't the camera turning on? Was it low on batteries? Nope, I just charged it....oh crap. The battery was sitting safely in the charger on the kitchen counter. Son of a gun. So every few minutes that whole day I would sigh and get made at myself for being so forgetful. Ugh, I was so mad. We snapped 2 quick ones with my phone but I didn't think the quality was very good so I didn't bother taking more. Although looking at them now they aren't half bad, just the lighting sucks.

Brian standing in line for the restroom

I love our matching jerseys :) My dad and Anna have the same ones!

We also spent time at the Tegner's tailgater which was really fun. Kyle's mom, Cindie, wasn't able to go to the game so she gave us her ticket! Then one of the Bauer's friends gave us hers as well so we were set, wahoo! We had so much fun at all the tailgaters and the game as well, plus we creamed WSU, 66-13.

Sunday we finished the stripes on the nursery so the painting is complete! Dad and Anna helped us which was really sweet of them (for pictures see baby blog). Brian also mowed and winterized the lawn, then we spent the rest of the day relaxing and resting from our busy weekend.


Um, have I mentioned that the Twilight movie comes out on November 21st? I am so excited I can barely stand it, every time I see a trailer for it I squeal. Seriously, if you have not read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer you are missing out and I am sad for you.

It's not news that Brian and I need a new computer, our trusty labtop is just on it's last leg. It is slower than dial up and can't handle all the fancy websites (one being Brian's school homepage). So we were going to get a new Mac as a Christmas present, but I can't do that to Brian. He is trying to do homework and it takes him hours to do a few things, poor guy. We bumped up the purchase date for the new computer to his birthday, November 7th. Just one more month and we'll be in the 21st century, yay! So half of my paycheck will go to student loans and half will go to the new computer, not horrible. We are still set to pay off my student loans before Bria comes. I am really excited about getting a new computer, although it's going to be hard to get use to a Mac. I love all my shortcut keystrokes and Mac's are completely different, but I want to be adaptable to change so I'll just learn as I go.

Lance is doing pretty good, he is homesick but they keep them pretty busy during the week there. I can't wait to see him in December.

I'm enjoying life in my new cubicle ;) My feet are always warm and I know what the weather is at all times. Right now it is sunny and in the high 50's to low 60's, perfect fall day. I think I need to go refill my hot chocolate cup. Mmmm.

1 comment:

tegner two said...

what shell?!? you're freaking hilarious lou!!!