Friday, October 24, 2008

Shopping Trip!

Saturday Plans
So my mom is taking me shopping tomorrow for maternity clothes and my wonderful, beautiful, sisters are able to join us and I am beyond thrilled. We also get to meet up with my cousin, Lanie, in Portland for lunch and hopefully she'll join us for more shopping afterwards :) I'm looking forward to girl time and hopefully getting some cute maternity outfits, my regular clothes just aren't cutting it.
While I'm off shopping Brian is so generously helping a co-worker scrap his popcorn ceilings, he loves doing that kind of stuff.
Tomorrow night is the annual Pumpkin Carving Contest at Tiff and Eric's and that's always a lot of fun. This is the 11th year I think of them doing it. Brian is going to do a snowman pumpkin and he's already started getting them ready-don't worry that is allowed, there really are no rules at the contest which is pretty nice. I think I'll just help Brian with his instead of doing my own and I'll be sure to take pictures and bring both my camera AND the battery :)

Halloween
I'm looking forward to Halloween, I even decorated the house up a bit to get in the spirit. We'll pass out candy for a little bit but then we are heading up to Salem to Nate and Amy's house. They are having a couples get together and we are to bring our dog all dressed up. We're going to put MJ's bumble bee costume on her that she wore last year, it still fits and looks adorable on her. Jenny and Kyle also got her this cute little shirt that says Trick or Treat so we'll bring that to put on her when she's tired of the bee costume :)
It will be fun to hang out with everyone since I feel like we don't see them very often.

My Weather Rant
The weather here as been unbelievably beautiful, just gorgeous. A little fog in the mornings to remind you it's fall, then blue sky, sunny, and in the low 60's. Great fall weather, I'm so thankful. Our summer took forever to come so I think now it's making up for that :)

The Taylor's
I realized since Chris and Brandi moved my posts don't contain pictures of my cute little man, probably because I'm so sad that I don't get to hold him and play with him :( But I do talk to Brandi still and she said things are going great in New York, Austin is growing like a weed of course, I couldn't believe it when she sent me these pictures, he is getting soooo big!




Hopefully Brandi and Chris don't mind me posting pictures of their little man, he's just too adorable not to share :) I am so glad they are doing well in New York, but man I miss them. I remember holding him and rubbing those tiny little feet, now look how big he's gotten, I can hardly believe it. It's a reminder that when Bria arrives she will also grow too fast for us, I think I'm starting to understand what parents mean when they always say, "They grow up so fast." Amazing that it took me until now to realize that simple phrase. I never claimed to be a rocket scientist.

Happy Friday everyone, I love the weekends!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Is it me or does MJ not look happy to be in the bee costume? Its so cute though! :)

Lulu said...

What are you talking about Shan, she's thrilled, lol. Yeah, the head piece was only for the picture, she wouldn't leave it on! At least I got a picture :)

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing about MJ, poor thing!! ;) Very cute though.

Sara