Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!
My Dad celebrates his birthday today and I wanted to wish him a wonderful day filled with love. We are having a BBQ for him tonight and as always the menu Anna is making sounds delicious, it includes, but is not limited to:
BBQ Chicken
Garlic Bread
Baked Asparagus
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting

I think there are a few items I am missing, but I am looking forward to the wonderful food and spending time with family, especially my Dad on his birthday :)

This Saturday we will be going to the HP picnic (Hewlett Packard) and I am really looking forward to it, we went last year but were not able to stay the whole time as we had prior commitments, but this year we can stay for the fireworks which I am excited about.
We went to these picnics every year growing up and I loved them. Everything was free and if you were under 12 you got to pick a free prize, I of course always chose a Barbie as my sisters and I had quite the collection and were obsessed with playing Barbies. Although most the time we would spend hours setting up our houses and the little towns, everything had it's place. We would come up with elaborate stories about each of our Barbie families, their history, etc. By the time we were ready to play, we were tired of Barbies and wanted to move onto playing house with our dolls. But at least it kept us busy! I do remember every Christmas was a huge deal with our Barbies, we would go out in the yard and find a branch to use as their Christmas tree. Then we'd go around the house and find odds and ends to wrap and put under it that they would open Christmas morning after we were done opening ours. So much fun we had :) Got off on a little tangent there, oops.

Work is going well. I am still really sad my wonderful boss left, but I guess I'll have to manage. Sometimes I think Someone is trying to make sure I don't like my job too much so Brian and I are sure not to wait too long to start a family. At least that's what I like to think :) I am really wanting to start a family now, but Brian makes sure to remind me we have a plan. We need to pay off debt so I can stay home. And we've only been married for a year so I suppose we should enjoy OUR time a little longer, which I AM thoroughly enjoying. But I'm not promising that I won't stop thinking of baby names or looking at baby clothes or thinking of how the nursery will look!

I am at work right now so I can't post the pergola pictures, I wish I could because I am so proud of my husband and we love how it turned out. I'll try very soon!

Have a great Wednesday :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are well. Post those pics soon!