Monday, January 29, 2007

First Time Home Owners

I have been putting off blogging until I could confirm some exciting news, but the exciting news took awhile to confirm so that is why I haven't blogged for awhile :)

Brian and I put an offer an a house a week ago and sadly did not get it. We were bummed but tried to realize it was just not meant to be. Boy was that the truth. We found the perfect house for us last Wednesday, put an offer in on Friday and found out Saturday we got the house.
We could not be more excited!!!! We spent the next half hour calling friends and family to share the good news. They were all very supportive and excited for us which means more than I can say. It really helps to have your family and friends so positive and encouraging when you are going through a major life event! I think we have driven by the house about 10 times, it is just crazy to think we will be in there in a little over a month, woohoo!
I will try to post some pictures a little later, so I can "sensor" them, you can never be too careful! It was built in 2004 so it is pretty new, it is about 1600 square feet with 3 bedrooms plus an office. The backyard is a good size and has a large concrete patio that will be perfect for entertaining.

Let's see, this past weekend we did some much needed groccery shopping at our favorite store, Winco. Then we stopped by my sister's house they are building in North Albany to check on the progress, it is going to be so beautiful. They are putting such detail into it, which I know has been a huge stress on my sister to make decisions, but it is gorgeous. We watched my nieces and nephew on Saturday while they celebrated Schuyler's 30th. Then we went for a night cap at Applebee's where our friends Sarah and Travis bought us drinks in celebration of our house purchase.

Sunday we helped Brian's sister Sara move to Corvallis and then she took us out to Los Dos Amigos, yummy! We rested a little after that as it had been a long weekend and I we didn't get to sleep in as late as we would have liked (I'm not gonna say what time since I know those with kids will roll their eyes! ).

Anyway, this week looks pretty normal, month end at work again. Where did January go?!?!
I better go but I just wanted to share the good news about our new house......we are home owners, YAY!!!!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Congrats Lindsey- that is so exciting. That is so cool that you found a house so quick. Everything works out the way it's supposed to. I am really happy for you two. This is a BIG year for you guys. How fun. I look forward to seeing the pictures.-julia

Anonymous said...

I will for sure be there to move all the stuff that ways under 5 lbs... :)

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of homeownership...

P.S. Let Brian play poker on Friday at my house ...

Anonymous said...

So did I mention that I can't read or spell ... I meant "weights" ...

Wow!

Kari said...

Yay for you! Can't say I'm not jealous. But, I'm SO happy for you! I might--if we ever get to the point of buying a house--ask for tips later. Congrats!