Thursday, February 08, 2007

House Stuff

So we are moving right along with the house stuff. The inspection was on Tuesday and since it is 3 years old it went pretty smooth which was good. We are meeting with our mortgage lender tonight as he said he thinks we can still reduce the monthly payment, yay! We have started looking for a couch to put in the living room and found 3 this last weekend. They were all sectionals but varied in size. Well, the one we found at Costco is gone now (they never last long at Costco), the one we found downtown is too big (Brian measured when he went there for the inspection), and we're not sure about the 3rd one, so we're going to keep looking. No real hurry as we don't move in until the beginning of March.

The Seafood and Wine Festival is coming up, it's the last weekend in February and I am so excited! We spend Friday night at Bauer's beach house in Lincoln City and Saturday at a hotel close to the Festival. Last year was my first year and it was so much fun! You have to dress warm though because it's not inside, it's under a really large tent, really large.

Brian has been talking about all the things he wants to do to the house when we move in. Yeah, that's right, it's only 3 years old and he has tons of improvements already, I can't keep up with him! He has some great idea$ that I love. He wants to tile the upstairs bathroom/laundry room, replace the shower doors in the master bath (they are a flowery frosted glass and we would rather have a clear glass), crown molding, new front door, granite counter tops in the kitchen, a pergola in the back yard and I'm sure there are others he has mentioned. Now I am all for making improvements but I am exhausted just thinking about that stuff, not to mention I am wondering where he is hiding the money that we are going to use for this, LOL! But I do like his drive and ambition, that is one of the many things I love about him. A lot of the stuff will come a little ways down the road anyway, but he does want to do the tile soon. My dad knows how to tile so he wants to spend some quality time with pops, can't blame him there, my dad is pretty cool :)

Well, that is all for now but I am going to try to keep on blogging. I was good for awhile and then trailed off! Have a great Thursday and remember, it's almost the weekend!!!

No comments: