Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I love Sunriver!

So this weekend was awesome! We all had a blast and it was so good to go skiing since I haven't been in seriously like 10 years.
~
We had Friday off work so Brian and I woke up and headed up to Keizer and loaded up the Armada. We of course made a stop to Dutch Bros. (sorry Jenny!) for some warm coffee and then off we went. Our first stop was in Detroit for some snacks and a much needed bathroom break, the coffee went right through me! Then we stopped at Hoodoo for some sledding. We found a perfect little hill for sledding and spent an hour there before we headed back on the road.


Brian is ready for some sledding.
Nate and Amy tumbling down the hill.
Our next stop was in Sister's where we ate at Subway and met up with Nick and Mindy (Bauer's little brother and his girlfriend). You would think by now we would finally just head to the cabin, but no. We went to the shops in Bend where we met up with my sister as she was so gracious to let me borrow some of her ski stuff, love ya sis. Then we went grocery shopping for the weekend and finally headed to the cabin. We got settled in while the boys went to pick up Caren and Craig at the Sunriver airport, they flew in.
~
Later that night Marcus and Gretchen arrived and the party started. We played SkipBo, foosball, and a bunch of other card games. We attempted to go to bed somewhat early as the skiiers (Me, Brian, Bauer, Marcus, and Gretchen) were getting up early to hit the slopes. The sledders (Nick, Mindy, Amy, Craig, and Caren) were sleeping in and heading to Bachelor a little later.
From left: Nick, me, Caren, Craig, Mindy, and Amy playing cards.

Brian and I are ready for bed!

Saturday morning we headed off to Bachelor and I was so excited to ski. I grew up skiing but around high school I started snowboarding. I decided to go back to skiing as I was better at it and had more fun than snowboarding, however, I was pretty rusty since it had been so long. Brian was patient and spent time reminding me how to ski, it took awhile but it started to come back to me. Although I am pretty sure I was a better skier at 13 because I had way more confidence than I do now (college cheerleading will do it to you), so everytime I got going fast and Brian would yell, "Yeah, that's it, you look great!" I would panic and want to slow down because I could just envision myself tumbling down. At any rate, it was really fun and Brian was a natural. The guys enjoyed going off into the trees and doing jumps, they also had some good falls ;) I think the funniest thing is when we were going down a narrow part of a slope and this snowboarder ran into the back of me, nearly knocking me over. We didn't fall right away so we are just skiing down this slope together, unable to stop or break apart. We finally started to slow down, at this point we are both laughing hysterically, when we turn and fall. Now, I fall on my stomach and he falls right on top of me, his snowboard gets caught in between my skis and so my legs do the splits. We are still laughing as there is nothing else to do in this awkward situation, and he finally gets up and is very polite and asks if I am okay, still laughing. It was quite an experience and I would say that is a great way to pick up girls, if they are single of course. Brian found it pretty funny and made sure to ski behind me from that point on.

Beautiful view from Mt. Bachelor

Brian, Marcus, and Bauer

Brian and I stopping for a bite to eat at lunch.

So we skied all the way until 4 pm that night and had a blast, man are my calves sore! We took it easy Saturday night and just played some cards and watched TV. Sunday came too fast as it was time to head home and back to reality. But we have the pictures and the memories that will last forever.

Sunriver 2007!

4 comments:

Jensen Five said...

I was laughing so hard about your experience with the snowboarder that I snorted! I really wish there was a picture or video footage of that!!! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so funny, It sounds like you had a great weekend. Just wait until you have kids.

Julia said...

See what I mean Lindsey--you guys are always having FUN FUN FUN! Man, seeing all of that snow made Cam and I so jealous! I love that experience with the snowboarder! I let out a snort too. I think skiing with your loved one is a total bonding experience. I will have to tell you sometime about Cam and I falling out of a lift together. Quite fun! I love your blog Lindsey! Keep it up. Love-Julia

Anonymous said...

I, like Jaime was laughing so hard when I read about the skiing experience. Boy do I wish that was on video! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. Cold weather sounds so refreshing right now as it is hot and humid here in Singapore. Can't wait to get home!!!! Love ya and see you soon, Mom