Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend Review
~~
It was a nice weekend spent with friends and celebration.
~
Friday I rushed home from work, packed, and we headed up to Salem. I dropped Brian off to play poker in South Salem and realized I forgot my phone! I did not realize how attached to my phone I was, I was freaking out because I wouldn't be able to have it until Saturday when we got home, ahhh! So after I told myself it was not the end of the world, I headed to Keizer to Nate and Amy's house. Amy and I went shopping and got Ashley's wedding present, a featherbed comforter. We both got some new nail polish and went home to give ourselves manicures and pedicures while watching the Devil Wears Prada and drinking wine. It was such a girly night and I loved it!
~
The boys got home around 11:30 pm with some good news, Brian won!!! For the second time in a row, that's my champ :) Nate got 3rd so they were both winners, not a bad evening for all.
~
Saturday we woke up at 7 am, way too early for a weekend!! But we went to breakfast at the Original Pancake house thanks to big daddy Bauer (Nate's dad, Tom) and it was delicious, so worth the early morning. We went back to the house and the guys started ripping out the old screen door. Amy and I had to go find a large enough bag to fit the comforter so we headed out. You would not believe that we went to 3 different stores and none of them carried a bag large enough. So, we got some wrapping paper and a bow. Hallmark was one of the places we went to find a bag and although we didn't find the bag I did find something Brian and I have been wanting. "Our First Christmas" ornament, it was 75% off so it was a steal! We waited to long so the Hallmark in Albany didn't have any left, but the Salem one did!
~
We headed up to Portland for Ashley's wedding at 2:30. Ashley looked gorgeous, her dress was so pretty. She had 9 bridesmaids!! It was the largest wedding party ever, LOL! The reception was a lot of fun, delicious food and great music. I had a blast dancing with my friend Shauna, she is the best dancing partner ever, we always have so much fun together. Along with forgetting my phone, I forgot my camera!! Can you tell I was in a hurry when we left on Friday!?! I was so mad, but Amy took a few cute ones so I'll get them from her.
~
It was a long drive home and we were definitely exhausted by the time we got home so we crashed.
~
Sunday we did some laundry and dishes and then went back up to Salem to buy me some jeans with Brian's poker winnings. We also had to stop by Nate and Amy's since Brian forgot his shoes. I got some really cute Silver jeans from Buckle, I'll try to find them online and post a picture. It has been 6 months since I bought a pair of jeans so I was in need!
~
We finished the day with a movie, Miami Vice. I love watching a movie on Sunday nights, snuggled up with some blankets, my hubby, and my dog.
~
I am so excited for this weekend! We are leaving Friday morning for Sunriver and will stop at a snow park on the way. We are going skiing on Saturday which should be fun since both Brian and I have not been in quite a while!
~
Well I better go back to work. Have a good Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey - Jaime gets after me for visiting the blogs and never posting comments....it's a New Year so I'm going to try and post comments. Loved all the pictures from the Christmas postings! Haven't seen them yet so it is fun to be able to see some of them. Love, Mom

Julia said...

Hey Lindsey, I love reading your blog. You and Brian always seem to be out doing fun and exciting days. It takes me back to when I was first married. Aghhhh. Good memories. Lindsey, you and Brian seem so happy. I love your blog. Thank you for all of the updates. It has been nice to keep up with you. Take care girl- Julia