Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentines

The day before Valentine's, Bria had her party at school. And because I love me a party I volunteered to be the coordinator for it. The kids had a blast and I think I planned some age appropriate games where all had fun! Including: Pin the Lips on Mrs. Valentine, Dancing Hearts (conversation hearts in vinegar and baking soda), throw the marshmallow in the box, and a love bug craft. 
Before we headed to the party it was mandatory to take my girls to Starbucks...


 I didn't take any pictures at the school party...it's a little hard to entertain kindergarteners and be a photographer so you'll have to trust me that it was adorable and they all had a blast.
That night Brian and I went on our date night, dinner, frozen yogurt, and Target. The perfect date night :)
 Valentine's morning I had all these envisions of the girls coming down while I was whipping up some pink pancakes and we would all eat them with smiles on our face. I get these ideas in my head and build it up and build it up and then the real thing is not at all what I had thought. The girls came down to a little valentine's present from us, Reese got a little stamp set and Bria got a shoelace necklace kit. Then I made the pancakes which actually started the night before when I baked some beets. I added the beets to the pancake mix and it was bright pink, score!
As soon as I cooked them they turned brown.
Pinterest fail.
 Plus, while I was making these, Reese was screaming for cereal and throwing a massive 3 year old fit. It wasn't what I had thought, but whatever. The pancakes tasted delicious, fortunately no beet flavor to be detected.
And I had a hair appointment that day which always makes me happy :)
That evening we went bowling and then to dinner at Red Robin with the Inukai's and Buell boys. Nothing says Valentine's better than mass chaos at Red Robin ;)

The girls (Amanda had to work, she was there in spirit though!)
 We actually had a lot of fun and the girls always love a night out with friends.
Late that evening we decided to head down to Albany in the morning. Brian wanted to help Kyle with his shed and I wanted to cuddle with Ames!


 It was a quick trip but oh so fun!!


1 comment:

Nicki Mann said...

SOunds like a fun Valentine's Day! Dying the pancakes pink was a good idea, even though it didn't work out as well. Maybe next time you could add strawberries... at least then the strawberries would stay red! I am a substitute teacher so I made sure to sub on Valentine's Day in the preschool program because I thought it would be so much fun... but guess what? They had NO PARTY or anything! They did get to take turns passing out Valentines, but they didn't get to look at them or anything... the teachers put them into a paper bag and stapled them closed right away.
:(