Sunday, February 15, 2015

This cannot be happening...AGAIN

We have been renting since we moved up to Portland. Partly to get to know the area and where we want to buy, partly because we are still recovering from our Albany house... We bought in the high point of the housing market and then had to sell in the low when we moved up to Portland. We tried renting it out for awhile but we were still paying quite a bit to make up the difference between what we were getting for rent and our mortgage. 
So now we are saving up for a down payment and hoping to buy soon because renting is driving me nuts. Yes, it's nice that when things go wrong we don't have to pay for it. However, the temporary feeling is really getting to me and making me feel so uneasy. Especially with Bria in school, I want to establish our home and we just can't do that in a rental. 
And then here is the number one reason renting sucks...
We are being forced to move. Again. For the second time in a year. 
The owner has decided to sell and so the Holcombs are outta here. 
I cannot tell you the amount of stress and aggravation this causes. Back to searching for a house to rent...in Bria's school district...nearly impossible. I have been checking multiple times a day for the last week and there are 2 houses for rent in her school district. 
2.
And they aren't ideal.
Then to think about the packing up...and moving...and unpacking. Honestly, it makes me want to cry. A lot. 
But so far I've held it together and focused on the health and safety of my family and loved ones. And I will continue to focus on that because it could be a lot worse. 
Just looking forward to the day we can buy a house to call our own. 

Bedtime selfie
Last weekend we went to an Auto Show in Portland with the Inukai's. My girls were crazy and full of energy so it was a little stressful but I enjoyed sitting in some nice cars and Brian and Scott had a blast of course.

These girls have attitude to boot!

My spunky girl
We are taking a little break from swim lessons and will start back up for the Spring session. Still doing zumba and gymnastics and Bria has jump rope club and science club so I felt we had plenty going on.

Obviously this week was spent looking at houses to rent and we are still looking. There is one that seems promising so hopefully that one works out. Cannot believe we are here again, truly stressed and just down about it all. After my pity party I will remember to just roll with it, but I need time to feel sorry for myself, I'm only human! :)

No comments: