Thursday, February 19, 2015

STATE CHAMPS!!!

The fact that Abby is cheering for West Albany thrills me to no end. I LOVE seeing her out there and watching her with her team, it is such a special time and I'm so happy for her to experience it all. 

Sunday was State, which is a big deal. It's the Mother of all competitions and it's what you work so hard all year round for. You have 2 minutes and 30 seconds to show the judges all you got. It's a lot of pressure and the adrenaline is insane.
Watching Abby perform out there was so much fun. They were incredible. It was by far the best performance of their routine I have ever seen them do. They were sharp, together, and loud. 
They had a lot of competition though, there were some really good teams they were up against. 
Finally the awards ceremony came and we waited anxiously to hear the results. They announced the top 5 teams...5th place, then 4th, then 3rd. Still West Albany hadn't been called. So either they are in the top 2 or they didn't place. 
Second place, Westview. 
First place....
WEST ALBANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we all screamed louder than we ever had, I know I did because my throat hurt all night haha! It was such an incredible moment and we all basically freaked out with excitement. 
I couldn't wait until the end of the ceremonies when we could go down and hug Abby. I was so happy for her and beaming with pride for my little one. 

Sisters!! I may not be the tallest but I'm not the shortest!

My sweet Abby
I got all sentimental that night thinking back to when Abby was just a whee one...
Man how time flies!

Abby,
I am so proud of you. I love watching you cheer and the smile on your face lights up that mat. Not only are you a talented cheerleader, you are an inspirational person and I'm so proud to call you my little sister...no matter how tall you get you will always be my little sister!
Love you!

No comments: