Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sister my sister

 At times these two fight like no other, but that is normal when you spend 95% of your time with someone. However, I don't want my mind to always focus on the fighting. Funny how the negative stands out so much in our minds...
 No, I want to focus on the love between these sisters. Honestly, there are days were they play so well together that I don't even have to entertain them. They call each other best friends, stick up for each other when one gets in trouble, help each other find something, or just lay side by side watching the iPad.

Currently they are into playing princesses with Bria's dollhouse and taking turns being a dog. They love singing and dancing and putting on shows for us.
Everytime Bria gets off the bus from school, Reese opens her arms big and they embrace in the sweetest little sister hug you ever did see.
If I bring Reese to school for some reason, Bria introduces her to all her friends and brags about her cute sister. Then she tells me how much she loves when I bring Reese so she can introduce her to everybody.
I love how different they are...despite the parenting challenges that brings. Bria is my sensitive, thoughtful, and dramatic child where Reese is a goofball, independent, and cuddly. Actually, they are both cuddly but Reese spends a majority of her day trying to crawl on people and squeeze them to death. I call it cuddling :)
This is why I love having girls so much. When people hear that we have two girls, without a doubt they always ask, "Going to try for a boy?" I don't get all sensitive because I guess it's a valid question, but nope to the no. If we would have been blessed with a boy, we would've been thrilled to death, but no part of us is remotely sad or incomplete because we didn't have a boy. Truly and honestly, we LOVE having two little girls...yes they are dramatic and emotional and change their minds constantly, but we embrace it and love it!!
Plus, we get a boy fix with all our adorable nephews :)

No comments: