Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reminiscing

Brian and I were talking about how fun it is to go back and look at old blog posts. It's fun to see the girls as babies and to see what our day to day looked like. At each phase of parenthood you kind of think it will last this way forever, good or bad. You can't see an end to the early morning wake up calls even on the weekends, or the bed time that mysteriously drags on by your wise 5 year old. You also believe that your kids will forever be ecstatic when you walk in the door from being gone (whether it was 10 minutes or all day, you get the big hugs that say, "I missed you more than life!") or always want to spend time with you.
Blogging has been my way of holding onto those moments that don't actually last, even though we believe they will when going through them. 
While I haven't been the best blogger lately, I will keep going because it has been such a great way for me to journal. And to share our life with family we don't see everyday.
There is no point to my rant, just thought I would share what was in my head :)

Speaking of reminiscing, how did this cutie:

...turn into this young girl?!
Mind blowing!

And also, my little sister had her first cheerleading competition. Sheesh, I'm feeling really old. She did awesome and I was so happy with how the cheerleading program is still doing so well at good ole' West A :)

Reese with Kailey, cheering Aunt Abby on!

Reese and Jax, is there anything cuter than tiny tots holding hands?!
So proud of you Abby! Can't wait for more competitions!
Yep, I totally made a huge sign for her, she was appreciative and embarrassed at the same time, mission accomplished!


And with that, goodnight!


No comments: