Tuesday, January 07, 2014

New Years and stuff

The Jensen girls got to come stay with us for a few days after Christmas and it was fabulous. I LOVE having them stay with us. I love that my girls get to play with them and spend time with them and I equally enjoy my time getting to know all the happenings in their lives.

I did mention to them that Porter is of course welcome too, but he gets a little overwhelmed with Bria haha. Can't blame him, she is crazy and I get overwhelmed with her too ;)
The girls read bedtime stories to Bria, slept in her room (which she was thrilled about!), played any game she wanted them to play, helped feed both girls and get them ready for the day, clean and organize (you can see why I didn't want to send them home) and just be awesome. We tried to make it fun for them too, I took them to see Frozen with Bria and then we went to Out of this World Pizza. Lance and Kayla came one night they were here and I loved having my house full of family. Best feeling ever.
It was eventually time for us to drive them home and we reluctantly did, although I'm sure they were looking forward to sleeping in and not being woken up by Bria at 7 am. :)

Our next fun event was New Year's Eve at the Inukai's. We're making it a tradition for us and the Buell's to go there and ring in the East coast New Year together. During the day though, we headed up to the Mountain with the Buell's for some sledding!

 Only, we didn't get to sled. Apparently there is no sledding on the hills around the parking lot of Timberline lodge. So that sucked. However, our kids were troopers and were just happy to be in the snow, even if it was mostly ice and it was freezing.
Love my Amanda!!!
 It was so icy that we just slid down on our butts and it worked perfectly. The kids ate the snow, attempted to make snowmans and just generally had a good time.

 Reese did start to melt down half way through and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. It was crazy. She was screaming and crying and we couldn't get her to be happy, then she peed out her snow suit and she felt better. Brian walked her down to the car and put a movie on for her and turned the heat on full blast while she sat in her carseat pantless. Fortunately the Buell's brought extra clothes so we put some cool Ninja Turtle jammies on her and we had a little tailgator :)
 We headed home and took naps so we were ready to party and ring in the New Year!
Randi and me with our wine

Sweet Charleigh


Weston loves it, Reese...not so much

All our kiddos!!

Party hats!
 They had a gymnastics bar that they had gotten the girls for Christmas and it was a huge hit.

 Amanda, Randi, and myself had fun taking random selfies and indulging in some delicious wine and girl talk.


Love my friends dearly!

 Then I took a picture of the hostesses and was scared at how ghostlike my husband looked in the background...
Scary photo bomber behind the cute couple!!
Whew. I think I am about caught up, the last thing I wanted to update about was my first day of work :) I will post about that a little bit later. For now I will give you a little preview of how adorable my new job is:
Penny Jo

No comments: