Friday, January 03, 2014

Finishing up Christmas

Back to it...

Wednesday, December 25th: My Dad and step mom's house

So we slept at my Mom's house Christmas Eve night and in the morning the girls opened their presents from us.
Santa got Bria the Queen Elsa Barbie from the movie Frozen and she was thrilled about it.
 Reese got a Baby Alive doll, the one that walks. She liked it but I think Bria likes it more :) At least we know Reese will eventually love it.
 In their stocking they got some candy, tic tacs, and little toys. We were super awesome parents and let them eat the candy. Then they got hot chocolate and donuts for breakfast...good thing Christmas only comes once a year :)


Daddy's happy with his donuts and OJ
 After a donut break it was back to opening presents...





Brian got a Lego :)

And then they opened their scooters!!!
 Bria rode it around the house and quickly learned her pants were getting in the way:

After that morning fun we hopped in the hot tub for a family soak :)


Then got ready for the day in Yaya's bathroom. 

 This will forever be etched in my memory as a precious moment. I was overwhelmed with happiness that we had been spending so much time with family and then it was fun to wake up at my Mom's and have her with us to celebrate. My Mom was doing Bria's hair and we put some makeup on the girls and I just loved everything about it. I remember so fondly as a child when I loved playing with my mom's makeup and doing our hair. It was wonderful to see my girls doing it too.


After we were all dolled up we headed up to my Dad's for our Christmas Day! We got to spend time relaxing and just hanging out with my Dad, Anna, and Abby and Cassidy. It was so nice to lay around and chat, I loved it.
My Dad on the Ipad

Abby helping Bria with the Nintendo DS

Bria's hair color in these pictures shock me, it's getting so dark!
 Eventually my sisters and their families and Lance and Kayla arrived and we soon were playing games, laughing, and having a blast.
Getting ready to open presents

Reese loves her Kailey

Cute couple alert!

Jax, you don't even know how fabulous your eyes and lips are!

Reese needs Daddy cuddles when she gets overwhelmed

Priceless Porter face



Love them!!

Reese got a train track!!

Porter and Jax helped her try it out

She loves me, really she does

"Boo Aunt Jenny!"

"Hey, what are you doing!!?"

She loves when Jax tackles her :)

Lance felt that Brian was too close

Playing a game, girls won by the way
Christmas #3 was incredibly successful and we all had such a good time together. My family is really fun :)

Last, but certainly not least...

Saturday, December 28th: Grammy and Terry's house

Saturday morning we headed down to Grammy's and the girls were so excited to spend the night there. I hadn't mentioned we were doing another Christmas celebration, they just thought we were going to spend time with them. They were pretty excited to find out they had a few more presents to open :)
However, before they found that out we took naps. Seriously, almost the second we stepped in the door we laid them down because they were both exhausted. It had been a long week of events and neither had been sleeping very well, mainly because they were going to bed late since we had fun stuff to do. Anyway, I laid down with Reese, Brian laid down with Bria and we all took fabulous naps. So glad we did because the girls woke up in great spirits...well after their standard hour to wake up from their naps. Seriously, my girls take forever to wake up from naps. They're all cranky and it's not fun. Eventually they got out of the nap fog and loved opening presents and playing with their Aunts (Heather and Tracy) and grandparents. There was an intense game of hide and seek that had both girls giggling and giggling. Grammy made sure they had plenty of sweets to eat and endless cuddles. 
Sunday morning we joined Grammy for church and the girls had a blast in the nursery there. Grammy enjoyed showing off her granddaughters :)
Then we had some lunch, took naps (Brian has totally turned me into a napper!) and headed home. We were sad the fun weekend went so fast, but glad we were all able to be together. Now, you are probably asking why I have no pictures, that's a funny story. I was snapping away, getting some cute pictures when I realized I didn't have the memory card in the camera...it was back home. Grrr. Sooo not happy with myself. Fortunately Heather had hers so when I get them from her I will post them.

Christmas #4, fabulous.
Whew, I think I am all caught up from our Christmas fun. I still have sledding and New Year's to do!

No comments: