Friday, June 28, 2013

Hurry, Vegas!

We are back from Vegas and now getting ready for Iowa, but I have to do a quick post about the awesomeness that was our time in Vegas.
I'm going to do bullet points, but first a summary.
I am beyond grateful to Nate and Amy for not only coming to help celebrate my 30th, but for being our personal tour guides and overall Vegas experts. The trip was a success because of their planning and we can't thank them enough.
So now, a bullet point/quick look into our trip.

  • Land in Vegas, head straight to the hotel pool (we stayed at MGM)


  •  Beers and Margaritas were had by all, except Amy cuz she has a bun in the oven

Nate and I enjoying the pool

  •  I am maybe a little excited about being in Vegas and drink a little more than normal, so a 2 pm siesta/pass out is in order
  • After naps we do Margaritaville and the Belagio fountains
  • Monday morning we head down to the pool, it's cabana day!!!! BEST DAY EVER!


  •  We play cards, drink, swim, lay out, and eat. It's beyond fabulous. 

View from our Cabana

  •  We are there from 10-5, but have no fear, we had plenty of shade and sunscreen, no gets sunburned, score!
  • The evening includes slots and dinner at Gallaghers steak house. AMAZING dinner, seriously so good I wanted to keep eating even though I was on the verge of throwing up because I was so full



  •  A lady took our picture and then wanted $45 to purchase it, I'm not kidding. So when she wasn't looking I snapped a picture of the pictures, I'm so bad ass ;)

Group photo

Us

  • After an amazing dinner we hit up the town, aka we walked around playing slots and seeing the sights 




  •  Then ended at the Chandelier which was gorgeous


  •  Next morning we did Rain Forest cafe for breakfast and then headed to the pool again, we got a daybed and it was alright, but we missed our Cabana and awesome waitress, Christie.

The girls

The guys

  • That night we did dinner and a show to celebrate my actual birthday. We ate at Lupo's and it was absolutely divine, best food ever.
  • Tom Bauer (Nate's dad) called and sent a bottle of wine and appetizers to our table, talk about amazing surprise! Seriously, the Bauer's are the bomb, one of a kind.





Brian's Blue Steel impression

  • So, what show did we see?

  •  AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If you know me, you know I love Michael Jackson, and you might know that he unfortunately passed away on my birthday :( So it felt fitting to go and see his show while we were in Vegas. It did NOT disappoint, I was on the edge of my seat the whole show, dancing and singing to the music I love.
  • Also, before the show started we were in our seats trying to take a picture of all four of us, the lady next to us offered to take it for us which was super nice. She took it and then headed up on stage, she was part of the show!!! 




  • I can't say it enough, we had the absolute BEST time. It was such a wonderful vacation and definitely what we needed, we will be doing more of these vacations for sure :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Looks awesome! Happy Birthday!! P.S. I'm also a big fan of MJ.