Friday, June 21, 2013

Brasada Ranch

Oregon is where it's at. Yes, it rains a majority of the time but it sure is pretty. And we do have pretty summers...once they start (which isn't until like July). 
One of my favorite places to visit is over in central Oregon, Bend/Sunriver area. Well apparently there is a gorgeous Ranch called Brasada and we were lucky enough to get invited to come stay at a family condo there with the Buell's. Brian had to work but I packed the girls up and headed over! Dusty was doing a work thing there (I officially want to work at Nike) so we saw him a few times. Amanda's Mom and brother, Ryan, and his girlfriend, Maggie came too. It was a recipe for awesomeness.
Loaded up and ready to go!
The ride there went pretty well, Reese was cranky at times and after 3 1/2 hours Bria was ready to get out of the car with a crying baby...so was I.
The moment we got there we suited up and went swimming. They have the coolest outdoor swimming area, equipped with an awesome water slide that Bria went down about 5,436 times.
Also, Amanda took what is now officially my FAVORITE picture of Reese and I.

My sweet baby!!
Believe it or not, Reese went down twice by herself. The first time she was fine, the second time she was not too happy with me but survived :) We didn't get the first one on video and I really wanted it so I sent her down again, mean mom!

After some solid swim time we let the kids relax with a movie and snacks.
 Then Uncle Ryan and Maggie took Bria and Bennett on the golf course. Weston wanted to go but he had to stay with the mommies and he was so sad. Bria was sad for him and reassured him she would be back.
Explaining to Wessy that she will come back for him
 She called him her Wessy sunshine and made sure he felt better before she left.
 Melt. My. Heart.
It's a special bond between these two, brother/sister, BFF's, just precious.

With so many helping hands I was able to get in relaxing time with Amanda and it was just what I needed. It's been such a long time since I've had such a close girlfriend and I feel so grateful to have found her. She is the best.

Attempting a photo shoot, it did NOT go well.
 The second day we were there it was stormy and at one point it was TORRENTIAL downpour. But that didn't stop us from having fun. They had an awesome game room that was perfect for kids.
A little air hockey fun

Rock wall

Indoor pool
 Nana (Amanda's Mom) found a bunch of golden books and the kids sat and read those for quite awhile.
My little bookworm

 That evening we drove into Bend which is only 20 minutes away. We went to Abby's Pizza and the kids had a blast in the game room.
Camo shorts and all :)

Uncle Ryan with all 4 kids! 

Bennett and Bria relaxing on the couch
Nana gave each of the kids a dollar to buy candy at the lodge, I'm not sure what they were more excited about, the dollar or the candy :)




Weston petting Reese :)
The last night there we put the kids to bed and relaxed in our jammies. Then we got a text from Dusty and it was a picture of his work group playing flip cup. Amanda and I dug deep and got in the game mood and walked down. Nana and Maggie stayed back with the sleeping kiddos and we went and had some college fun!

We are super fun! And super weird :)
The Buell's, adorable!
 We had such a fun time in Brasada and can't wait to go back!

No comments: