Tuesday, February 19, 2013

17 months

Reese will be 17 months in two days and I think it's time to do a little update of my lady.



When Bria was a baby we had a very consistent routine of reading to her at naptime, bedtime, and lots of times in between.
With Reese, I'm not gonna lie, we slacked. Trying to get a consistent routine with a baby when you also have a toddler is challenging. So it wasn't until she was almost a year that we started getting consistent with bedtime reading, and in the last two months I've gotten consistent with reading at naptime as well.

Even though we slacked, this girl is over the moon obsessed with books. She will get a back, come over to you, back it up and sit on your lap. All the while saying, "Book, book, book." She has gotten very good at the K sound which is pretty cute. Sometimes she hurries the story along by turning the pages before you are finished, and she definitely knows which books she likes and which she doesn't. The ones with less words and more pictures are her favorite and she loves to point to things and have you tell her what they are. I've noticed over the last month or two she has gotten more patient while reading and I can read longer books to her which is fun.

Reese cuddling her baby with a towel

 Reese's other love is milk. I cannot express enough how much she loves milk, it is her love and she says it first thing in the morning...literally. In the morning when I go get her I pick up her pillow, blanket and stuffed animals from the floor (she loves to throw them out of the crib when she wakes up), open her curtains and pick her up. She smiles at me and very clearly says, "Milkkk," making sure to exaggerate the K sound once again. If I don't head downstairs right away she screams milk over and over and points downstairs. It was cute for a day.

Going outside for walks is probably her third favorite thing to do, next to milk and books. She loves being outside and it actually helps motivate me to get the girls outside and go for walks. Fortunately we've had a break in the rain most days so we can actually do it. And if it's been dry for awhile we walk to the park and play.
However, she understands almost everything we say. Brian will tell her to go lay down so he can change her diaper and she seriously does. Heather tried it and again, it worked. Me? She runs away and when I finally get her she screams and cries. Awesome. Alright, sometimes she is good for me but not always.

Being a big girl and crafting at Bria's preschool Valentine's party (she would be in heaven if I left her at preschool too)

Reese is definitely a spit fire. She recently started biting and pulling Bria's hair. This is new territory for us. We do time out and she is really good about staying it time out until we come get her, but the downside is that she smiles and laughs all the way to time out. Wha?!

Despite her fierce and passionate attitude, she is so incredibly lovable and still cuddles. After reading to her before I put her down she lays on my chest while I sing and sometimes I rock her until she falls asleep because I am in heaven just snuggling with my baby.


She has started the No phase and boy does she have sass and attitude. She yells it with attitude when Bria does something she doesn't like.
Proof of said Attitude...with a capitol A
It definitely pays to have a big sister to help you learn things faster, Reese can drink out of a cup...without spilling. Anytime she sees a cup at her level she carefully picks it up, takes a few drinks and puts it back...without spilling. I know she gets this from watching her sister and it's fabulous...let's hope it carries over to the potty training stuff.
Last but not least, here is a little video of Reese and her obsession with books:
Don't mind the Q-tips on the coffee table cube, I swear they are clean, the girls love playing with them for some reason.

No comments: